AHB heavily modded on YouTube

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Can't make up my mind on whether this is really cool or if it's entirely negated by the lack of any suspension repair/upgrades

Camtron

Reaction score
making a poor handling, heavy sedan move that much quicker without at least addressing brakes is not the move; but it’s the move 97% of guys building cars make.

I like it, lol.

This is the trend in, Chicago. Even saw a white 5th Ave done up in the same fashion while me and my wife were driving around. Giant wheels, stock drivetrain, stock brakes, stock suspension…but $10k in on body and wheels w/ matching steering wheel.

IMG_6154.jpeg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Its youtube that's what they do lol. At least he didn't buy it in junk condition and drive it home un roadsafe like a lot of them do. But I can't watch it, too much talking.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
making a poor handling, heavy sedan move that much quicker without at least addressing brakes is not the move; but it’s the move 97% of guys building cars make.

I like it, lol.

This is the trend in, Chicago. Even saw a white 5th Ave done up in the same fashion while me and my wife were driving around. Giant wheels, stock drivetrain, stock brakes, stock suspension…but $10k in on body and wheels w/ matching steering wheel.

View attachment 50813
That police car is cool... to a point. Much cooler than my POS but, hey, at least mine can turn and stop and is actually fun to drive now.

I still can't believe donks are still a thing. Especially on a stock drive train. Nothing says "night on the town" like straining a 40 year old differential to its limit..

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Its youtube that's what they do lol. At least he didn't buy it in junk condition and drive it home un roadsafe like a lot of them do. But I can't watch it, too much talking.
Yeah, the whole "watch me drive this death trap 800 miles" is ridiculous. It's one thing if it has a questionable engine or transmission, but when they drive a car with 1 front brake on the freeway just to get attention it's just ugh

Camtron

Reaction score
That police car is cool... to a point. Much cooler than my POS but, hey, at least mine can turn and stop and is actually fun to drive now.

I still can't believe donks are still a thing. Especially on a stock drive train. Nothing says "night on the town" like straining a 40 year old differential to its limit..
Oh yea, Donks are alive and well here. There’s some legit big money builds here, don’t get me wrong, but this guy and most others are making payments on wheels and not much else.
Saw this bitchin, Daytona while we were out for a family walk this morning, there’s still some class out on the streets, lol.

IMG_6166.jpeg

IMG_6167.jpeg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Oh yea, Donks are alive and well here. There’s some legit big money builds here, don’t get me wrong, but this guy and most others are making payments on wheels and not much else.
Saw this bitchin, Daytona while we were out for a family walk this morning, there’s still some class out on the streets, lol.

View attachment 50827

View attachment 50828
Nothing says 90s quite like a Plymouth Laser/Eagle Talon/Dodge Daytona/Mitsubishi Eclipse

Lightning II

Reaction score
I have to admit, It's beginning to get annoying that the way everything is solved (running, etc) by adding brand-new parts from sponsors they just happen to know.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I have to admit, It's beginning to get annoying that the way everything is solved (running, etc) by adding brand-new parts from sponsors they just happen to know.
Yeah I'm sure most guys would be in divorce court if they dropped 10 grand on a junk car while little Timmy needs braces

Camtron

Reaction score
i got shot down by Hughes Engines and TorqStorm Superchargers when I asked them for a price break in return for publishing and pushing my use of their parts. Both said my offer/email was compelling but, no dice. I don’t think they’re worried about gaining any of our business at the end of the day. And I don’t particularly mean that in a negative way just, the A/B/C/E body and modern age Mopar guys bring in enough business for them.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
i got shot down by Hughes Engines and TorqStorm Superchargers when I asked them for a price break in return for publishing and pushing my use of their parts. Both said my offer/email was compelling but, no dice. I don’t think they’re worried about gaining any of our business at the end of the day. And I don’t particularly mean that in a negative way just, the A/B/C/E body and modern age Mopar guys bring in enough business for them.
They don't want our business, but at least we're definitely the most polite group of Mopar owners.

Camtron

Reaction score
They don't want our business, but at least we're definitely the most polite group of Mopar owners.
Nope, seems not.
My wife, as much as she’s not been a fan of me having my 5th Ave, has even talked to me about buying another and building it, filming the process and making a YouTube channel. It was never a thought to me while I’ve been putting the car together over the last 4-5 years but now, as hindsight is always 20/20, me or anyone of us has/had the potential for to be one of those guys. Most of them have personality as interesting as cheap wallpaper, just fun cars we enjoy. Just money on the table in this day and age.

…next time.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Years ago I spent a lot of time on websites and how to articles.. now youtube has taken over all that. And now the most popular on there is reviving junk. Now some of that can be interesting but just like car shows on TV once they build an audience suddenly all the parts and tools being used are provided by sponsors and stuff that the average Joe can't afford, or justify putting on their cars so then to me anyway it starts to loose interest. I'd love to a youtube channel but I think now it's too hard to get into, not only finding something different that hasn't been done but also you need to start with decent video and editing because it's come so far.

Then there's another type of youtuber, they stsrt the same way doing these projects on cars that aren't so common or whatever but then as they start making good money from what they're doing or having stuff given to them it turns into showing off.

Anyway cool to see an M body project but that's kinda where it ends for me.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Nope, seems not.
My wife, as much as she’s not been a fan of me having my 5th Ave, has even talked to me about buying another and building it, filming the process and making a YouTube channel. It was never a thought to me while I’ve been putting the car together over the last 4-5 years but now, as hindsight is always 20/20, me or anyone of us has/had the potential for to be one of those guys. Most of them have personality as interesting as cheap wallpaper, just fun cars we enjoy. Just money on the table in this day and age.

…next time.
If Twin Sticks Garage, who has 0 personality, can make a channel about trucks and get viewers, anyone can. But the problem is YouTube is flooded with a million people trying to be the next Roadkill

Camtron

Reaction score
If Twin Sticks Garage, who has 0 personality, can make a channel about trucks and get viewers, anyone can. But the problem is YouTube is flooded with a million people trying to be the next Roadkill
Just gotta work the algorithm buzz words to get the Chinese and Russian bots watching…” Classic ‘80s Retro Dodge Revival: Episode 1 - will it run annd drive 360 miles after being in a field for 33 years?! “

Lol

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Years ago I spent a lot of time on websites and how to articles.. now youtube has taken over all that. And now the most popular on there is reviving junk. Now some of that can be interesting but just like car shows on TV once they build an audience suddenly all the parts and tools being used are provided by sponsors and stuff that the average Joe can't afford, or justify putting on their cars so then to me anyway it starts to loose interest. I'd love to a youtube channel but I think now it's too hard to get into, not only finding something different that hasn't been done but also you need to start with decent video and editing because it's come so far.

Then there's another type of youtuber, they stsrt the same way doing these projects on cars that aren't so common or whatever but then as they start making good money from what they're doing or having stuff given to them it turns into showing off.

Anyway cool to see an M body project but that's kinda where it ends for me.
I think the YouTube thing is slowly turning into a cancer on the automotive world. Very few channels do any real car guy stuff. They just flaunt all the money they make off of idiots buying their merchandise.

It would be one thing if they were selling cans of brake clean or something people could use for their own home shops. But wtf who needs that many t shirts and stickers

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Just gotta work the algorithm buzz words to get the Chinese and Russian bots watching…” Classic ‘80s Retro Dodge Revival: Episode 1 - will it run annd drive 360 miles after being in a field for 33 years?! “

Lol
100%

Camtron

Reaction score
I think the YouTube thing is slowly turning into a cancer on the automotive world. Very few channels do any real car guy stuff. They just flaunt all the money they make off of idiots buying their merchandise.

It would be one thing if they were selling cans of brake clean or something people could use for their own home shops. But wtf who needs that many t shirts and stickers
What, now you’re questioning the tank top, hats and holographic sticker collections? Next you’ll say water is more hydrating than, Gatorade.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score

I don't mind his videos. Just a guy doing work on his truck even making mistakes or having problems pop up as he goes with none of the extra chit chat and stupidity mixed in like say vice grip garage. He's also still doing things on the cheap with a lot of Princess Auto aka Harbor Freight type tools and equipment.

Back