WANTED AM Faceplate or AM/FM Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi,

Im needing whats in the pic here, the most basic flat course AM radio faceplate or an am/fm type radio with same type face.

Either option has to be perfect with crisp white lettering.

A really nice faceplate off a non working radio would be ideal, the face come off easily by removing the 4 clips (two upper, two lower).

Prefer the am over am/fm option.

Thank you.

R1.jpg

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ha, Thanks, I seen that but you have me confused with someone who would pay $109 bucks for a broke ass radio and someone whos looking for a nice $50 working radio $75-100 for a am/fm with the correct knobs.

Ive a very nice 77 unit I paid $40 for and $13 shipping but its one year too new but I will use it if needed while I hunt a unit ones not going to retire off of.

It was funny, when I did see that one I was hmmm, then I read its not working and the guys who fix these old radios are not cheap.

To sum it up, that units priced way high for not working, ya just got to hit ebay each day and find the one priced right. Most the time its a non mopar guy with the right unit at the right price.

Here is the one I paid $40 for. But a older am faceplate would swap right on mine.

Dam! I just looked at the listing again, and $42 shipping when these units fit and ship nice in a $13 flat rate box.

I know I sound like a cheapskate, but ya know I pay good money for the good parts, imo this just isnt one of them.

But thanks for posting the link.

DSC00001.JPG

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score

Aspen500

Reaction score
I knew it was WAY overpriced for a radio that doesn't work but maybe the guy would take a lot less when he can't sell it. Didn't notice the shipping. Looks like he's on crack, now that I read the ad closer. Oops.:D

I still always have a hard time finding stuff on Ebay. Seems no matter what I put in the search, it ends up being pages of crap that don't fit an F-body or, it's chrome doo-dads, halo lights, pointy valve caps or fuzzy seat covers.:mad: Frustrating.

volare 77

Reaction score
Put a 8 track in there. Some nice ones were on ebay last time I looked.

silverd1973

Reaction score
is this what your after? I paid $7 for this a few years back and found while im going through my things to sell box.

IMG_3975.jpg

XfbodyX

Reaction score
So close, but thats the type I have like in the pic above.

Im needing the all flat black, rough texture no chrome features like in the very first pic in my ad.

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Checked my ...collection ...not one plain.
Don't recall seeing one before.
76 only and early?

Got a few good used am radios.
Over 40 is probably too much...unless your in a hurry. Patience rewards the bargain hunter.
Shipping should be for costs, actual not imagined.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply and that looks like it is a good unit. My pic in the very first post shows im really looking for the non chrome face plate or radio with such.

beatersRus

Reaction score
i have the flat black am radio you describe from a 80 lebaron
pay the shipping if you need it,lmk,ill get a pic today of the unit.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this like what you are looking for?
20190911_154644r.jpg

Note the knobs are really dirty.

Note: look at the fantastic job someone did with cutting out the radio hole from the faceplate (not me).
BudW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back