Anything besides 90/10 for the front?

Classic Mopar Racing Forum

1. JWS

JWS New Member

I've searched high and low and in between for front adjustable shocks for my '78 Volare but cannot come up with anything other than 90/10s from Calvert. The car will see the street about once a month so looking for adjustables versus changing shocks a dozen times a year.

What are those of you that use yours dual purpose running for front shocks?

TIA

2. SRTMirada

SRTMirada Well-Known Member

I modified my lower control arms (silver) to accept A-body shocks. You can take this further and modify them to accept early Camaro shocks. Either way you'll have a much greater selection of quality shocks.

20200822_161833.jpg

20200822_161749.jpg

20201001_190224.jpg

20201001_190138.jpg

Lightning II and MiradaMegacab like this.
  3. Duke5A

Duke5A Well-Known Member

That's brilliant.

4. Lightning II

Lightning II Well-Known Member

*THAT* is the mod that was done on the Stealth Bomber that I was trying to find better pictures on.
    Awesome job sir!

5. 89.Fifth

89.Fifth Well-Known Member

Which shock are you running specifically? Looking at the spec it's like the lengths and mounts are all wrong to fit an M-body.

6. SRTMirada

SRTMirada Well-Known Member

You are correct that different brands of shocks don't necessarily have the same length for a given application. Choose carefully. I'm using Lakewood 90/10 A-body shocks.

7. M_Body_Coupe

M_Body_Coupe Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I have a NOS set of Koni adjustables that are specific to our rides. My '81 coupe is going to go in a completely different direction, so I won't be able to use them.

I do have them on my '80 coupe and it's been super nice to fine-tune the ride handling. However it's not a quick "flip the switch" type of an adjustment. You have to rotate the shock having un-locked an internal mechanism first, not tough, but it requires you to un-bolt the lower mount first...time consuming if anything.

Anyways, if that's what you're looking for shoot me a PM and we can talk price.