Arizona sheet metal is awesome

Aspen500

Reaction score
Not F/M/J body so I put this here. Yesterday I took a 3 1/2 hour trip to pick up a rust free fender for my '96 Dakota that I found on CL. It was close to the Appleton area about 90 miles SE of here. Have an aftermarket fender on the truck now and it's a POS and fits like crap. Actually, it doesn't really fit at all (Made in Taiwan R.O.C., enough said). ANYWAYS, it came from the desert SW and is off a '93 so it's 25 years old and, not a speck of rust. Not even slight surface rust anywhere. Being in a heavy rust state (Wisconsin) it doesn't hardly seem possible to not have at least surface rust. Was well worth the time, and money, to go pick it up and I KNOW this one will fit correctly.
DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0005.JPG
DSCF0006.JPG

volare 77

Reaction score
It will start rusting as soon it crosses the state line into Wisconsin. Lol I agree that some of the aftermarket sheet metal is horrible. I ran into that a few years back.

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I see a lot of ebay ads that claim, "Pretty rust-free for a MI/WI/SD/MO (whatever) car!".
That's something you put in a local ad, not national... guys in the SW and TX laugh at that and tune those cars out immediately.

BTW, the PNW, where I live now, is a best kept secret for good sheetmetal... too "green" to use salt in the winter.

Back