Auto Rust Tech-All Mopar parts will be discontinued August 1st 2018

volare 77

Reaction score
From what I heard they weren`t a very well made product as far as fitment.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I bought their front subframe caps and they were,,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,crap. Ended up spending a few hours welding and grinding to get them to look good and actually fit, along with cutting the holes and slots to match up with the factory openings. I bought them in an attempt to save time and not have to make patterns, cut, form and weld them. It probably took longer to make them usable than to start from scratch. Was NOT impressed and almost sent them back.

My main goal was reenforcment of the rails. The left side did need repair, and I did that first, and then put the caps on. Can't tell anything was done now but,,,,,it was a ton of work.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Been looking for a reason why all Mopar stuff.
umm.gif

Opticon77

Reaction score
My guess is that A) old unibodies make it harder to nail the dimensions and B) low sales volume. Otherwise they look mostly geared toward trucks and jeeps.

Aspen500

Reaction score
It wasn't really the dimensions, it was the quality of workmanship on the ones I got. Actually the LACK of quality of workmanship. The parts they sent me looked like something a 10 year old kid would have made. I mean, they were BAD.

4speedjim

Reaction score
WOW empty shelves on FMJs. Was wondering if there was any deals but theres nothing but leaf spring covers and there no deal.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Not positive but, I think they made the parts when an order came in. Could be wrong though.

4speedjim

Reaction score
I believe your right on that make 'em as they're ordered. We are a small fish in a big pond and cant solely support a business with our low volume cars. The Mopar montra is theres no parts. They're still open and cutting steel. Shame they've tossed our patterns and bad as they were.
Volare77 I did follow that lead but only found leaf spring covers or caps at $260 a pair.

4speedjim

Reaction score
I found about ZERO for FMJ's unless your looking for plastic clips or window felt lube. Whatever that is?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought 1 set of frame rail ties and torque boxes from them (for a 4-door) from them about 3 years ago. The one thing I hadn’t done is take parts under car to make sure they fit (yet). They do (did) make them on demand.

The items I got look decent enough – but making sure they fit, might be a whole another matter.
Just not ready to tackle that project. yet.
BudW

Back