Awaken after a 4 year sleep.

mirada80

Reaction score
miradae.jpgCH]Sunday after a 4 year sleep brought the old girl out into the daylight,
miradae.jpg
dodge1.jpg

After a quick wash.
Did a few tours around the village, and introduced my boys to the sound of a thermoquad opening up. Smiles where the chose of the day.

miradae.jpg

dodge1.jpg

dodge2.jpg

mirada80

Reaction score
Thanks Cap, I just watched your video, pretty cool, think I may try the same .

tim berry

Reaction score
Awsome to spead the joy of a thermoquad opening up great way to get the kids involved in a great hobby .

CMX360

Reaction score
Looking good. I like the rallyes. 14's or 15's? Painted grille looks good too. I'm going to do some bright work blacking out on my black CMX. Sinister it up a bit.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Nice car, I love it! You're lucky to have the T-tops.

I too like the painted grille. Do you still have the chrome strips in place, and they're just painted, or are they removed? I'm wondering what it would look like with them not in there, because mine are starting to warp, so definitely won't last forever.

Enjoy that 360!

mirada80

Reaction score
Looking good. I like the rallyes. 14's or 15's? Painted grille looks good too. I'm going to do some bright work blacking out on my black CMX. Sinister it up a bit.

Thanks, they are 15x7 except for the passenger front is 15x6.5, they were on my wife's '85 5th Ave, when she had a fender bender and bent one of the 15x7's.

mirada80

Reaction score
Nice car, I love it! You're lucky to have the T-tops.

I too like the painted grille. Do you still have the chrome strips in place, and they're just painted, or are they removed? I'm wondering what it would look like with them not in there, because mine are starting to warp, so definitely won't last forever.

Enjoy that 360!

The chrome strips aren't there, they were gone when I bought the car, it had been a accident at some point and the drivers fender was replaced with a cheap aftermarket one, very thin metal, and the front fascia was repainted and strips weren't replaced. I eventually got a set, but they aren't in good shape, I was going to install them just to fill the slots and just paint them body color.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
The chrome strips aren't there, they were gone when I bought the car, it had been a accident at some point and the drivers fender was replaced with a cheap aftermarket one, very thin metal, and the front fascia was repainted and strips weren't replaced. I eventually got a set, but they aren't in good shape, I was going to install them just to fill the slots and just paint them body color.

I never heard of an aftermarket fender, do you have any info on the manufacturer?

mirada80

Reaction score
I never heard of an aftermarket fender, do you have any info on the manufacturer?
I really have no idea where it came from, I bought the car in 1995 and the repair was quite old at that time, I would assume it would have been from Sherman and Associates or Cross Canada Auto parts up here or whatever supplier the body shop was using. I painted it in August 1995.

lowbudget

Reaction score
What size tires are you running? I'm thinking of going with Rallyes on my 87 Fifth. I'm still on the fence with tire size. Either 225 70's or 215 70's. It has the 215's and wire wheel caps on it now.

mirada80

Reaction score
Looking good!
Do you know the production numbers for 1980 T-Top Miradas?
I was looking for my Little White Book from GTS (Galen Govier) today with no success, I know it had some production numbers in it, can't remember if it had those numbers or not. I will take another look tomorrow and let you know.

mirada80

Reaction score
What size tires are you running? I'm thinking of going with Rallyes on my 87 Fifth. I'm still on the fence with tire size. Either 225 70's or 215 70's. It has the 215's and wire wheel caps on it now.

I have 215/65/15 on the front and 245/60/15, I had those ralleys on both of my Fifth's, looked pretty good.

mirada80

Reaction score
85chr.jpg
Here is my old '85 with the ralley's, I think that on the Fifth they were 205/70/15 and 215/70/15

85chr.jpg

Back