Back, For a while I think....New News. LOL

David Clark

Reaction score
Today, not sure what we got up to LOL. It was sunny and the wind was barely blowing so did more Backhoe'ing. OMG this shit is going so slow. Have to go 8 feet down, and doing about 280 Feet of water line with a T Split out at about the 200 foot mark to go over to the Cow's water tanks. I have 86 Feet done so far, and that's about 10 hours worth of Backhoe'ing. It's not the biggest backhoe in the world, it's a 3 point mounted one and it's not very strong either but sure beats doing it by shovel LOL.

Will work on it again tomorrow. gotta get it done asap before winter hits. Hopefully can get the wife and boy to working on the Posts for the Supersteel Panels for the one side of the Bull Corral Tomorrow so We can kill two birds with one stone. Not sure how she is gonna handle the post hole digger on the small tractor but we'll see. More than likely gonna have to do it myself or have a womply ass crookedly line of posts and the supersteel won't bolt to it LOL. Will have to take pics of everything I am doing out here for the non automotive forum LOL.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Just loaned my pto auger to my cousin to use on her husband's tractor. Dropped it off on Thursday night on my way to hill country to pull the red willys jeep home. -- 600 mile round trip and I have another 4 or 5 to do before this is over.

David Clark

Reaction score
Sorry all, been busy as heck. Looks like a lot of things are on hold right now with Winter here now. Colder than hell out right now. Wife's Dart is leaking oil around the valve cover and such. Sounds like crap when it first fires up in the morning because of the cold so I added a bit of Lucas to it to help with Lubrication.

I got a Back Surgery coming up again as the Disk Fusion they did almost 2 yrs ago Never fused. Got that coming up Jan 19th So I will be out of Commission for a few months to a lot of Months while I recuperate and try to heal properly this time. Adding some calcium supplements to my diet to help with that. Hope every lasts and stays running through this winter as I won't be able to work on a damn thing until at least April. Her Slant Six Needs rebuilt Badly but it's still purring like a kitten once warmed up. The R/t is still Running but Smokes real bad so that's probably gonna need a rebuild on it too. Haven't messed with the 77 T Top Yet as it wont' even crank with a battery in it so it's gonna need some going over. The 79 Duster cranks and starts with Starting fluid but then dies. no Clue how long it has sat so gonna replace the whole fuel system Like I did on the R/T once I am back on my feet.

I HATE WINTER. LOL

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Well, at least you aren't having surgery at the beginning of summer, that's good. Hope all goes well for you. All the cars/toys will still be there waiting when you are done and healed. Good luck. ;)

Justwondering

Reaction score
David --
We are finally having our first really, bitter freeze tonight so I'm out there this morning staging hay from the barn to go over to the goat pen. Only doing 10 bales, but I was thinking of you up there in the frozen prairie. You probably already did this months ago.

I've got 3 wood panels that weren't covered as well as I thought and have rot on the lower portion so they will go to the goat pen to help cut the wind for the winter. They destroyed the only two trees in their pen so there is nothing between them and the north wind now.

This afternoon, assuming I get all this finished in a couple of hours, I'll go down to dads and pick up pecans for pies next week. Which made me wonder, do you have pecan trees or some other type of nut tree? You'd talked about putting in some trees and I was just wondering.

Figured you could use something other to think about rather than Jan 19 activities.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We can't grow pecan trees "up here". The climate isn't right. The huge difference between high and low in the summer (i.e. might be 95 during the day and drop to 45 at night) and WAY too cold in the winter in north central Wisconsin and would imagine South Dakota is the same or probably even worse. At least that's my understanding, I could be wrongo_O

Back surgery, doesn't even sound good. I assume your back is beyond laser surgery?
There's a clinic that does laser back surgery just on the other side of the freeway and I guess they do wonders. Kind of considering making a visit myself, just to see. My lower back doesn't never hurt anymore. I guess 30+ years as an auto tech has taken it's toll. Not to mention my knees, shoulders, neck, fingers......................................:(

Good luck when the time comes and here's hoping for a speedy, and successful, recovery.:cool:

David Clark

Reaction score
We have 2 Trees that are directly on our place that I planted, Both are Black Hills Spruce. They are the 2 out of 200 some trees we planted that survived. We have one Apple Tree that I think is surviving, Last year it had NOTHING on it,No leaves no nuttin LOL, this year it was full of leaves, guess it took a year off LOL.
I picked up Mulberry tree about 2 months ago and got it planted but it got cold enough after I planted it that it started shedding right away. It's now barren but not Dry so I am hopeful if I can keep an eye on it this winter that it will prosper in spring. It's planted in Lots and lots of old Piggy Poooo. LOL. I'd love to plant some nut trees up here eventually but as Aspen500 said, Doubt they would work, we get to 30 below zero up here with wind chills.

Back surgery, this will be my 2nd Time. First time Failed. The Disks Didn't fuse,. Doc said he is scheduling an extra 2 hours in the operating room this time so they can really dig into my bones and get some good "soft spots" carved out that the Bone Graft will hopefully catch and hold and heal this time. My Back as it stands now is just held together with 2 pins and 4 bolts on the L4-L5's and if those Pins Break, there's nothing there to keep the vertabrae from moving and cutting into the spinal cord so I am on a 20 lb lifting limit too right now. UGH. It sucks. The Pain is terrible sometimes and about the only thing that helps is Oxy Codone. Morphine won't touch it, Hydrocodone won't touch it, just the Oxy. I have to fight to get that though and I don't take it on a regular basis because I know it is addictive and can cause other problems as well.I only take it when I can't stand it anymore. That helps make a 30 day prescription last a while too LOL. Right now, the Vertabrae Bones are just bouncing around back there and bruising each other since there is no cushioning disk in there anymore. UGH.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I understand about the pain meds.
We do the same thing.
I do wish you luck with the surgery... -30 is pretty darn cold. I'm amazed there are trees that can tolerate that. Mother nature is an amazing thing.

David Clark

Reaction score
Thanks. And Yep,Mother Nature is awesome, Just wish she would get her Prozac Refilled, Damn she is BiPolar this year LOLOL

Back