Before, (During), After

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Yes it is and I am still working on it lol it never ends. I was building a 3/4 ton 440 4speed club cab short bed 4wd truck and I quit on it and sold all my stuff to focus on this one solely.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yep. I know that feeling. Still got lots of work to do on the Plymouth. My 5th is my daily right now, it needs some body work and eventually a re-paint and I haven't even touched the Dippy yet. Bring on the warmer weather!

efriedrich

Reaction score
Thanks Cap. Ya, I wish I had all the money in the world so I could just do it all at once but unfortunately that isn't the case so I have to take it one step at a time. I'm starting with the boring mechanical stuff first then I will get to the fun stuff. There will be little to no down time as I work on this thing, I'm going to drive the shit out of this car. Buy that I mean that Im not going to tear it apart and watch it sit for some big restoration, no way.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Same here man, I'd love to have the dough to just buy all the stuff, not have to work everyday and just get it done. But I'm in the same boat. This weekend is brake lines. Mmmm... Brake fluid all over your hands when it's below zero. Wish I had a garage. But yeah, same thing here. As soon as she's roadworthy, the wife gets the 5th and I'm driving the (shit out of) the Dip.

82Cordoba

Reaction score
Yes it is and I am still working on it lol it never ends. I was building a 3/4 ton 440 4speed club cab short bed 4wd truck and I quit on it and sold all my stuff to focus on this one solely.

Are you the one who had all of that listed on Craigslist a few months back?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks Cap. Ya, I wish I had all the money in the world so I could just do it all at once but unfortunately that isn't the case so I have to take it one step at a time. I'm starting with the boring mechanical stuff first then I will get to the fun stuff. There will be little to no down time as I work on this thing, I'm going to drive the shit out of this car. Buy that I mean that Im not going to tear it apart and watch it sit for some big restoration, no way.

Hey friedrich, I'm still working on that eagle for your taillight.

efriedrich

Reaction score
You go Captain. I also need the driver side rear wheel well trim and the trim along the bottom of the quarter panel behind the wheel with a red reflector in it. As it turns out the car does have its vinyl top in tack and its in good condition. Thanks for looking.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You go Captain. I also need the driver side rear wheel well trim and the trim along the bottom of the quarter panel behind the wheel with a red reflector in it. As it turns out the car does have its vinyl top in tack and its in good condition. Thanks for looking.

I'll stay on it. :icon_salut:

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
Hey there, sorry to digress but I don't totally agree with this.
There were Chrysler Plymouth dealers and there were Dodge dealers. Although Chrysler Plymouth also sold Fargo trucks until the early '70s they did not sell Plymouth branded vans or trucks later (ie early Plymouth Voyager full size B series vans and Plymouth Trail Duster trucks were never sold in Canada). I do not remember Dodge dealers selling Chrysler cars, they sold Dodge cars and Dodge trucks. I remember Dodge Ontario on Yonge just North of Finch in T.O. was one such dealer.

In regards to only Chrysler LeBarons being the only Medallions and all Plymouth Caravelles and Dodge Diplomat being base models I do not believe this to be true. I think most 77 - 79 Dips and Velles were Medallions or at least the mid Salon model. Case in point, most two doors have the Landau vinyl roof with the brushed metal moulding on them either with the regular or the smaller slit style opera window.

Captain Caravelle's car is very unusual in that it is a stripper two door without the vinyl roof.

The Caravelle/Diplomat/LeBaron was sold as move upmarket from the Aspen/Volare, and as such had more bells and whistles. I remember my parents rented a new Caravelle Salon and drove it Florida in '78. My father was impressed by the slant 6 and the fact that it had air conditioning.

Just my ten cents, plus HST of course.

Hey Captain, I just love your Caravelle, did I tell you that today yet! :tshirt:
I began to doubt myself on who sold what, so I got in touch with one of the guys I've known, since the '70s at Paul Willison Chrysler in Toronto. He confirmed that in Canada, Dodge dealers sold Chryslers, just as Plymouth dealers did, and he included Willowdale Dodge, on Yonge, north of Finch.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I began to doubt myself on who sold what, so I got in touch with one of the guys I've known, since the '70s at Paul Willison Chrysler in Toronto. He confirmed that in Canada, Dodge dealers sold Chryslers, just as Plymouth dealers did, and he included Willowdale Dodge, on Yonge, north of Finch.

WOW! Who do you know there? Paul? I get my oil filters there all the time.

Back