Big block headers

Duke5A

Reaction score
Whoah. A 426 would be bad ass, but I got sticker shock when a friend told me how much he had into one. Not for the faint of wallet!

mgoblue9798

Reaction score
Kind of a moot point, since Schumacher is gone but, the "Tri-Y" headers fit like a glove and for the street are more than adequate. They're shorty 4-2-1 type headers and maybe other brands are available(?) The right side slid in from the top, left side from underneath with the steering shaft slid back. It would also go in from above if the master cyl. was removed.

View attachment 46144

View attachment 46145

View attachment 46146
Rumor is someone bought out Schumacher and will be bringing their parts back to market.

Aspen500

Reaction score
A company did buy Schumacher, forget the name right now. They're supposed to be bringing back the engine swap brackets but not sure about the other products, like headers. It's a shame, they're nice headers, with excellent quality, and fit a BB in just about any A, B, C, E, or F/M/J body with zero modifications. Would assume the SB versions were the same. Obviously not all out performance headers but, for street use they're just fine and 10 times better flow than stock manifolds.

Mirada512

Reaction score
A company did buy Schumacher, forget the name right now. They're supposed to be bringing back the engine swap brackets but not sure about the other products, like headers. It's a shame, they're nice headers, with excellent quality, and fit a BB in just about any A, B, C, E, or F/M/J body with zero modifications. Would assume the SB versions were the same. Obviously not all out performance headers but, for street use they're just fine and 10 times better flow than stock manifolds.
The company that bought them is MoTech and they do restorations. I don't see them doing any parts as of right now.

Remow2112

Reaction score
They had come back and starting to have products in stock again. It is easier to find update for them on Facebook. (ugh)

This is from late December.

Hello my pretties
1f60d.png
. . . Schumacher Creative Services Tri-Y Big Block Headers are back! Available in Raw Steel ($680) or Matte Silver Ceramic ($850), these fit just about everything: 67+ A-Body, 62+ B-Body, 65+ C-Body, 70-74 E-Body, and 73+ F, M, J-Bodies. Call or Message us to order.
1f385.png

Aspen500

Reaction score
Cool. I see the price hasn't really gone up all that much since I bought mine like 12 or 13 years ago, maybe $30 or so is all.

Yeah, FB, a.k.a. cess pool (JMO)...................No thank you very much!:oops:

Mirada512

Reaction score
They had come back and starting to have products in stock again. It is easier to find update for them on Facebook. (ugh)

This is from late December.

Hello my pretties
1f60d.png
. . . Schumacher Creative Services Tri-Y Big Block Headers are back! Available in Raw Steel ($680) or Matte Silver Ceramic ($850), these fit just about everything: 67+ A-Body, 62+ B-Body, 65+ C-Body, 70-74 E-Body, and 73+ F, M, J-Bodies. Call or Message us to order.
1f385.png
I'm going to check them out now!

Remow2112

Reaction score
I have a very specific reason for Facebook or I wouldn't waste my time either.

Good to see Schumacher getting back in the game!

Ele115

Reaction score
Does any one have any info on the 426 hemi into a F or M? I am not really into cutting the car up. Manual brakes is fine, I'm sure this is a given. I'm going for stock or K casting heads. The engine mounts are at the front, not like the RB. It has been so long since I have seen a Dart or Volare with a Hemi, I never paid any attention. They all seemed to be pro stockers any way. If they got them into the 69 Dart, it has to be possible for an M body.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Why not a Gen3 HEMI?
Easier & less expensive to do.
Make really good power

True, but it just isn't the same, and a 426 Gen II is a lot better looking than a Gen III. JMO, the Gen III is kind of an ugly engine. Others may have a different opinion however. :cool:

Aspen500

Reaction score
$3,500 and up for a Gen III. Last year we put a used 5.7 in a 2012 RAM 1500 at work, and it was $6,500 for the engine.

Back