blown head gasket on a '86 Lebaron T&C?

53ryder

Reaction score
Came across a new add on Craigslist this morning for a 1986 Chrysler Lebaron Town & Country Wagon. Seems to be in good shape except for a blown head gasket. Is that something to be avoided? If water is seeping into the block will that ruin the block? Or does it all depend on how long the gasket has been 'blown'?

The sellers are asking under $1000. So they know their wagon isn't worth as much with a blown gasket. I'm trying to figure in my own mind if it is worth the trouble to haul home knowing what it will need to get back on the road.

I do love the fact that it is Mopar, and a (faux) woody wagon. So it does have some appeal to me. Any thoughts

Glenn

Monkeyed

Reaction score
takes quite a bit to damage a block, unless they ran it out of coolant and let it overheat

53ryder

Reaction score
Most likely any decent shop that I would have replace the gasket would do a reasonable job of cleaning the block then? Am trying to think, we had an '85 Caravan that needed a new head gasket at some point, but that has been a while ago so my memory gets fuzzy.

Glenn

BHA43

Reaction score
OK I thought maybe you were figuring it to be a FMJ.

Back