Body Mounts

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if B body mounts will fit J body cars? I know that Chrysler changed from parallel to across the car torsion bars but I also know Chrysler did tend to re use the parts bin. When I look under my J body I can see my mounts are a bit split and they look like the B body ones but I can't see all of the mount as half of it is hidden.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=5.4111

Thanks
Bruce

Last edited:

Mcfly68

Reaction score
If I am remembering right..they will fit..the positions are just reversed..the front bushings become the rear and the rear become the front...at least with the old MP cast ones that was the case

Bruceynz

Reaction score
is it worth going aluminum for a road car? Wouldn't it be better to have something with a we bit of give, if a racing car alloy would be the way to go, anyones thoughts?

ramenth

Reaction score
is it worth going aluminum for a road car? Wouldn't it be better to have something with a we bit of give, if a racing car alloy would be the way to go, anyones thoughts?

Anything that will stiffen the car up. The aluminum ones do just that. Yes, it's worth it, even on a daily driver. Just as eliminating the iso mounts on the rear springs are worth it. It gives a better road feel and more positive feedback of the road to the driver, which is just as much a must on the road as it is the track. It helps in the "handling" characteristics of the car, almost as much as throwing that extra degree of negative camber does.

Back