Body side molding

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
How do you go about removing this side body molding? I want to remove it to clean it up. Is there a spring loaded clip behind them?

trim.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm not sure how those are put on. If it is clips though theoretically you should be able to push up from the bottom and lift the top over the clip.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I replaced my front left fender on 87 fifth avenue and removed all the doo-dads. Fake vent, side trim, etc.

The short piece of trim on it was glued on. No rivets. No posts with cap nuts behind. Just glued on from the front.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
If you mean the front trim piece that's just behind the front bumper I'm thinking it might have been hit and someone just glued it on after the body repair? Mine are held on by one plastic clip that's mounted on a rivet and another fixed metal clip.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Must be Canadian construction. Just about anything would slide off with your winters. Lol. Course that doesn't explain why the glue would hold it on in the heat down here I'll go check the other pieces

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the trim on that Volare should either be screwed on (visible screws), or plastic clips that disengage when one pushes the trim upwards (then it releases from the top outwards) - like as the Capt said, above.

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
Yep that is how it is held on. There are 2 studs (1 door/1 fender) a screw at the wheel lip and the rest are clips.
DSCF0960.JPG
DSCF0961.JPG

DSCF0962.JPG

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Those studs are for two missing clips (as well as for the clips you currently have). Chrysler calls them retainers.

For the missing retainers (or ones you might have broken) are:
Door:
6003332 and 6003755 (I have no idea what difference is).
Generally I can Google the part number and I can see an image of the part - but no luck with images of these two part numbers.

Fender retainers:
6003332 and 6003581 (again, I have no idea what difference is).

A few short years ago, with the part number, you could Google the part, match it up online and order away inexpensively (I’d rather not mess with an old plastic clip that could break just before you take it to a show). Nowadays, that is becoming a bit more difficult to do (and not sure why).

BudW

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
Those two retainers are secured in the trim pieces. The black clips are the 6003332 part, the white clips are 6003618. The white ones are slightly smaller due to the trim piece tapering a little.

Back