Brake issues

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
SO THIS MORNING i went out to the aspen and drove to work omw i could feel the brakes were acting diffrent when i got to work there was fluid missing from the back resavoir closest to the booster i drove home and it used more i havnt driven it at all since.

the problem is the car stops then the pedel hits the floor and it starts rolling like the brakes were never pushed. it just slowly u can feel ur foot going to the floor i need my car for monday but aint driving it in this condition..... i ruled out the back wheel cylinders in the rain i pulled the back wheels off and looked just dusty not wet at all i didnt pull the front off i got to cold.
i jus cant figure out where the fluid is going or coming from i orderd the only master cylinder in town a remanufactured pos from oriely im going to order a new one as well but they cant gettem till a week

am i n the right direction someone told me the rear main was leaking on my car cuz between the booster and master there is a dust trail from stuff sticking to the fluid and that it would start filling the booster with fluid and then i would need both replaced?????????

i need help its raining for the first big rain of the year and i got no brakes

Erics5th

Reaction score
If your not seeing any fluid leaking from the front calipers when you check, it could be the piston seals inside the master cylinder are leaking, allowing fluid to leak past them internaly. I went through 3 MC's once on my old '72 Satellite, 4 wheel drum brake car before getting a good one.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
i saw fluid on the ground pretty sure it was my turn around but havnt felt or seen a good amount anywhere hopefully tomarrow will b my day

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
so i put the reman a1 cardone master cylinder and me and my lil brother bled the brakes the problem was still there and my dad spots it i wasnt under the car when i bled the fronts and right next to the (name just excaped me) the block of steel that the bolt goes through....there was a split in the hose wow.....

so after evrey auto store around had no hose in stock napa has the stuff from russell to make the hose thank god...not yet! the hose was 76bucks 15inch hose lame im broke but tmy car works i changed the master it was still good so problem solved ima bleedem again tomarrow the new line i put on kinda messed it up after the master.

i did find fluid in the back of the master around the rod aswell so the old mast had a problem anyway i guess

65 Dartman

Reaction score
If one was leaking, bet the other one isn't too far behind. If it were me, I'd put new hoses on the front AND the one to the rear end. Good insurance!

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
thats what my dad said im going to i just need this rain to pass.......no garage to work in.....i dont think there all gonna be steel braided tho that snuff hurt the wallet expecialy in between paydays.

is that it cuz i see some fuel line hoses around like on pass side down by the fuel pump next to the fuel line or are those just covering steel lines

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
heres some pics the drivers side hose is next i got it orderd today the rear one dont have any cracks but ima replace it anyways the smaller hose is the one im talking about the other is a fuel line. let me know what u guys think.....

the reman master ima have to trade up soon the closest master to town was a 16dollar a1cardone master im not sure weather or not to trust a 16dollar part to stop me?

S7301213 (640x480).jpg

S7301214 (640x480).jpg

S7301215 (640x480).jpg

S7301216 (640x480).jpg

Last edited:
Back