brake master cylinder question

Karl

Reaction score
I think i need to remove the brake booster to run my new intake. I got a clifford 6=8 hyperpak intake and it looks like the master cylinder gets in the way unless i get rid of the booster. What master do i need to use?

DCAspen

Reaction score
You’ll have to go to manual disc brakes, tough part to find is the plate that mounts on the firewall to support the master cylinder

DCAspen

Reaction score
You may run into an issue trying to put an air cleaner on due to limited clearance with your hood with the hyper pak intake

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Is your intake that big and sweeping to really need a different booster?

Just a file pic here.

M40.jpg

XfbodyX

Reaction score
It looks big but not huge. Just curious? OR is it the big LONG runner intake?

Hard to find any info, should be a cool install when done.

6-8.jpg

Last edited:

Camtron

Reaction score
Hydrobooster? Or would that still take up too much space? Like, something out of a GM or Dodge/Plymouth Van.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Before doing anything with the brakes, take measurments and do a test fit of the intake first. Even if the original intake is still in place, try holding it in place to get an idea of where the carb and intake runners will end up. Never n.know, it may fit with the power brakes(?)
If you need to go manual, along with the previously mentioned firewall plate, you'll also need to scare up a manual brake master pushrod.

You probably would need to run a remote air filter of some type with a "hat" on the carb. Not sure, but I think the hat from a 97 and up Dakora has the same diameter as a 4 brl carb air horn.

Last edited:
Back