Broken Spoiler

Idle Ender

Reaction score
So, funny story. Selling a riding lawn mower on Facebook that I got for free. Guy sees my Volare in the background and asks if I need any parts to trade. Mopar guy. I tell him Im looking for a roadrunner spoiler and some odds and ends. He just so happens to have a 3 piece in the garage! Well, after a couple days he digs out the spoiler and a bonus set of ground effects.

Now heres the problem; the spoilers broken.
received_1885598744805443.jpeg

Hes currently hunting down the chunk missing. If he finds it, Im pretty confident I can fix it. Otherwise is it a lost cause?

Idle Ender

Reaction score
Lol. I may not be using the flares. They MAY end up being for sale. Do you think the spoiler can be fixed as it sits? Its a pretty big chunk.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Yes, 3M and others have catalyze material to repair properly.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I would like to have a front air dam and flairs in hopes of controling some of the air under the car at speed. There will be an air dam under core suport next go around.

Idle Ender

Reaction score
20180505_175241_HDR.jpg

Finally got that mower out of my yard. Now I just have this junk and $25 instead. Lol. 3 of 4 fender flares, that 3 piece spoiler with the broken end, and two cluster bezels. The wood grain one is decent, but broke right in the middle, which I can fix easily. The silver one is scratched to hell. Itll be nice having spares so I can try painting them without ruining my mint wood grain one in the car. The guy happened to have Super Coupe 125 mph AND cop car 120 mph speedos. He tried selling me them, but Im broke af. May hit him up down the line.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t have experience to be of any help on spoiler repair.

Did he mention what he wants for the speedos?
Can you send me a conversation with contact information?

Thank you,
BudW

Idle Ender

Reaction score
I don’t have experience to be of any help on spoiler repair.

Did he mention what he wants for the speedos?
Can you send me a conversation with contact information?

Thank you,
BudW
He sure didnt, but in the 3 digits Im sure. I met him through Facebook marketplace and he had brought the speedos in his truck to show me. He said he restores Mopars so hes got quite a bit of stuff. I snagged most of his F body stuff, though. Says he doesnt run into enough of em to hold onto the bulk of it. Ill send you some contact info.

DCAspen

Reaction score
What speedo are you looking for Bud?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn’t looking for a speedometer for my wagon - at least not until I saw these for sale. It might be nice to have a higher reading speedo after I drop the big block and 6-speed manual in.

A few years back. I was running some numbers on the three different sets of gear ratios available on the Magnum 6-speeds (these choices might be different now – I hadn’t looked).
Mag 2.66 .63 3.23.GIF

Option one (2.66 / .63)

Mag 2.97 0.50 3.23.GIF

Option 2 (2.97 / 0.50)

S197 2.66 .50 3.32.GIF

Option 3 (2.66 / .50)

There is a theoretical top speed of 230+ MPH (370 KPH) or 290+ MPH (470 KPH), depending on gear set, when using normal M-body tire diameter and using 3.23 gear ratio. No matter which gear set I purchase – I don’t think my 100 MPH speedo will keep up . . .

Now I have no intention of going anywhere near those speeds - but I have had a couple of chances to drive on the Texas Motor Speedway.

I have a feeling my wagon might look a bit odd, with a Daytona/Superbird nose cone and a wing sticking through the luggage rack, as I buzz by at 200+ MPH on the Texas Motor Speedway high banks.

I knew about the police speedo but didn’t realize the Super Coupe also had a higher rated (but different) speedo than the others. To be honest, I have yet to see a Super Coupe up close, yet (but have worked on many an F-body)

So yes, it appears I need to also get a F-body speedometer (on top of all of the other things on my long list of parts to get).
BudW

Idle Ender

Reaction score
I wasn’t looking for a speedometer for my wagon - at least not until I saw these for sale. It might be nice to have a higher reading speedo after I drop the big block and 6-speed manual in.

A few years back. I was running some numbers on the three different sets of gear ratios available on the Magnum 6-speeds (these choices might be different now – I hadn’t looked).
View attachment 29609
Option one (2.66 / .63)

View attachment 29611
Option 2 (2.97 / 0.50)

View attachment 29612
Option 3 (2.66 / .50)

There is a theoretical top speed of 230+ MPH (370 KPH) or 290+ MPH (470 KPH), depending on gear set, when using normal M-body tire diameter and using 3.23 gear ratio. No matter which gear set I purchase – I don’t think my 100 MPH speedo will keep up . . .

Now I have no intention of going anywhere near those speeds - but I have had a couple of chances to drive on the Texas Motor Speedway.

I have a feeling my wagon might look a bit odd, with a Daytona/Superbird nose cone and a wing sticking through the luggage rack, as I buzz by at 200+ MPH on the Texas Motor Speedway high banks.

I knew about the police speedo but didn’t realize the Super Coupe also had a higher rated (but different) speedo than the others. To be honest, I have yet to see a Super Coupe up close, yet (but have worked on many an F-body)

So yes, it appears I need to also get a F-body speedometer (on top of all of the other things on my long list of parts to get).
BudW

I wasnt aware there was a special Super Coupe speedo either, to be honest. But I seent em with my own two eyes. Regardless of what they came out of, they exist. Lol. 125 AND 120. That makes 4(?) different speedometers for F bodies.

Back