Reaction score
Contact seller
I am looking for a set of pin or slider type caliper brackets for 11 3/4
They are found on 76-79 Cordoba, Magnum, St, Regis, Fury, Newport, New Yorker
Just post here or send me a PM on what you want for them shipped to 33594
Thanks

slant6billy

Reaction score
I grabbed a set for roadrunningmark's cuda from Century motors in So Phila. I think it was 35 bucks-a year ago. Slider type / dogbone (bracket) that attaches the caliper to the spindle. Mark used it to do the drum to 11 3/4 disk conversion...... which is why or what this is for. Downside is one must use a 15 inch rim to clear the bigger caliper. I'm doing the same, but to step up the disk size/ caliper size from factory f body. If I can grab sets from 2 cars, I let you know before I do.

74DartSwinger360

Reaction score
I grabbed a set for roadrunningmark's cuda from Century motors in So Phila. I think it was 35 bucks-a year ago. Slider type / dogbone (bracket) that attaches the caliper to the spindle. Mark used it to do the drum to 11 3/4 disk conversion...... which is why or what this is for. Downside is one must use a 15 inch rim to clear the bigger caliper. I'm doing the same, but to step up the disk size/ caliper size from factory f body. If I can grab sets from 2 cars, I let you know before I do.
Ok if you can grab me a set or 2 that would be great and just shoot me a price and let me know. If you can find a few sets I would buy a couple of them
Yea all my cars are runnin 15s so no problem. I would prefer slider as I have calipers for them already.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of the slider type brackets also.
If he has any left after 74Dart gets his, I would like
a set too. Thanks.

slant6billy

Reaction score
They had a 79 charger and a few other that meet that list. They don't crush, but do a hell of a business. My plan is to get in there on Wednesday between Christmas and New Years. The hope is I can get as many sets as they have. I may also know of a 77 New Yorker in a yard that might just be available too. A question asked last year had me a little confused: All the C bodies have this bigger brake set up? What or why do some have slider bolts and some do not? Or are they all slider type? I guess I don't have all the background on these. What is a quick way to tell or is it just pull the front wheel off and see? Was it a low option vice high option thing?

slant6billy

Reaction score
I'm headed to another bone yard now. What is that old saying about fishing.........still no catch. I found two other yards through word of mouth that are a little further out, but more inventory. It's cold but clear and dry to be pulling parts, so keep fingers crossed.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
C-Bodies wont work, If its a New Yorker or a Newport it has to be a 79-81 R Body.
St.Regis also has them.

Hopefully the rotor is still on it and measures at 11.75
some have the same as our M=bodies 10. something.
I want the slider type, but if you run across the pin type
that are for the 11.75 rotors, grab them because some
prefer them instead of the slider. I have new calipers
that are slider, so I'm sticking with that.

And grab the bolts that hold the bracket to the spindle
they are longer.

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
I may have mis-stated. For RoadrunninMark's Cuda, we used 73-76 A body spindles, 76-79 b body caliper bracket, caliper was the big car - I thought it was a "C" body, but I may be wrong. 70-74 E body, 70-72 b body. Pin type are heavy duty. Sliders are more common. Will the "R" caliper work? I don't know for sure. I'll take a look on Wednesday when I'm playing hooky.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
These are the cars to look at:

79-81 R-Bodies including New Yorkers, Newports, Gran Furys, St.Regis

73-79 B-bodies including Cordobas (especially 360s and 400s), Charger SEs, Furys, Monacos and Polaras

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Roadrunninmark sent me this info:
disc brake swap out article

http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I read that article a while ago. Good article, but missing one very important piece of information: the actual part number of the caliper adaptor for the slider type calipers. It is 3880839, according to the author. It allows the use of the standard slider type calipers with the 11 3/4" rotors. I tried to find them locally, but no luck tried some of the restoration parts places and was quoted $150/pair, plus $35 shipping (I live in Canada). I would still love to get a pair, but not at $150.

Kostas

P.S. There may be a casting number on the part, which will be different from the part number (again according to the author of the article).

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
I have a set that I got for my 80 Lebaron Coupe that will have front & rear Police AHB suspension
and the front disc upgrade to 11.75.
The casting numbers on both brackets look like this:
95020 A

I am just upgrading not converting from a A or E like the Article states.
These cars I have listed that have these brackets will allow me to simply put
a 11 3/4" rotor on my exsisting spindle using my same slider calipers.
Maybe you guys with Fs with 14" wheels will have more of a swap to do.
After I bought my set of caliper brackets I found a 80 Diplomat Coupe
that will have a 340/ 4 speed/ 3.55 8 3/4 so I want to upgrade that car
as well. so I need one more set.

79-81 R-Bodies including New Yorkers, Newports, Gran Furys, St.Regis

73-79 B-bodies including Cordobas (especially 360s and 400s), Charger SEs, Furys, Monacos and Polaras

Last edited:

74DartSwinger360

Reaction score
I'm headed to another bone yard now. What is that old saying about fishing.........still no catch. I found two other yards through word of mouth that are a little further out, but more inventory. It's cold but clear and dry to be pulling parts, so keep fingers crossed.
Ok keep us posted

slant6billy

Reaction score
OK: I was a little put off by the guy's prices, but he has a few big furys and one big wagon with the pin type. FYI for just the caliper brackets (a set 40 bucks). Going back on Saturday. I can front this $$ for perhaps one set for me and one to sell and Mark can get two sets. Rattlesnake scared Mark today.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
20.00 ea for pin type isnt bad.
I need slider type. When you go back
will you please take a look for me.
I'm not a dreamer and won't waste your time
cash waiting for a slider set W/Bolts.

Last edited:

74DartSwinger360

Reaction score
I believe slider is what is on my 74 swinger and that is ones I need. So let Lebanon grab the set you have and I will check more into which ones I need

slant6billy

Reaction score
I was hoping to get back to Friendship's yard today, but Mark's trailer is fighting he and I. We're putting new hideaway holddown hookeyes in the floor and ran out of daylight yesterday. We are back at it today and plan to trailer his roadrunner over to the paint shop by noon. Easy as it sounds, it eats time up quickly. Friendship's yard closes at 2 pm, so it may be out of reach today. I'm thinking another hookie day from work in order to get the full hours of the day at the yard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back