CANADIANS where do you get your car audio stuff at??

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Regarding the use of 5X7s in the rear.. I've made this conversion several times, and it is pretty easy. Firstly, I've used 5X7's that I've harvested from the junk yard. I find the "Infinity" speakers from '90s and 00's Mopars to work quite well -- and are cheap. To install, it can be done from the trunk. Using a pair of snips, I rotate out the fasteners, sometimes cutting them out. I then pull the old speakers thru the holes. Yes, this mangles the heck out of them, but who cares? Then -- Using drywall screws (I love those things!), I fasten the 5X7's over the somewhat smaller holes. This is indeed a hack job, but I've had no issues. The 5X7s move more air, are more efficient, sound great, and are inexpensive.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Regarding the use of 5X7s in the rear.. I've made this conversion several times, and it is pretty easy. Firstly, I've used 5X7's that I've harvested from the junk yard. I find the "Infinity" speakers from '90s and 00's Mopars to work quite well -- and are cheap. To install, it can be done from the trunk. Using a pair of snips, I rotate out the fasteners, sometimes cutting them out. I then pull the old speakers thru the holes. Yes, this mangles the heck out of them, but who cares? Then -- Using drywall screws (I love those things!), I fasten the 5X7's over the somewhat smaller holes. This is indeed a hack job, but I've had no issues. The 5X7s move more air, are more efficient, sound great, and are inexpensive.

Excellent!
Thank you!

compubert

Reaction score
Have you ever heard a full surround sound 8 track system? They were totally awesome... GM and Chrysler both made demo 8tracks that rocked.. . .!!!

compubert

Reaction score
U

Do you have one still?
I wish - had one of each years ago and they worked great in the appropriate cars, some one stole them and a "suitcase organizer" full of cruising tunes . . they came back later and stole the 63 Corvair Spyer it was in two hours later. My Dad left the key in it while I was in the service and away was keeping the battery charged for me. . .. ugh.

8v-of-fury

Reaction score
Well as it would turn out! When I pulled the old stereo out to begin the dash pull, I found that only one speaker was actually hooked up! LOLOL

The one left rear had both wires hooked up and the rest had all lost contact on one wire over the years. I guess a shitty twist of the wires and some electrical tape over them isn't good for longevity JAHAH. So as it would turn out all 4 speakers are operational and still sound pretty good for what they are lol. I proceeded to purchase a brand spanking new deck (bluetooth, android control.. all the bells and a few whistles) and install that. I also got an amp power kit and installed that along with an 8" bandpass subwoofer. It was the pre-built type with the amplifier in it as one piece, and it sounds incredible for the $100 it was.

Back