Can't Fight City Hall??

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
We'll just see about that....
These clowns don't know who they're dealing with.
They've been redoing all the sidewalks in my neighborhood and I guess the concrete inbreds were doing some cutting this morning....RIGHT NEXT TO MY FREAKIN' CAR!!
No notices, no warnings....nothing.
I came out this morning to find my Fifth plastered in cement dust.
Now....the paint is far from mint but I have a strict policy....you do anything to my car and you pay me.....just for being stupid. Call it a stupidity fee.
So I took pics then went and carefully washed it all off.
When I got home tonight I called the city and told them what happened and the guy didn't sound too surprised.....he gave me all the info, claim number, etc. and said I should definitely file a claim and that they'd no doubt give it to me.
I'm shooting for $150 plus my time missed at work cleaning my car off.
Not a fortune but a token of "you're an idiot"
Stupidity Fee.....we'll see how it goes......bloody morons.
Morning dew would have caused major damage....rain would've been even better.
Nobody screws with my cars....if you do.....you pay.

2014-06-02084009.jpg

2014-06-02084056.jpg

You can see where I wiped it...

2014-06-02084216.jpg

IDIOTS!!!

2014-06-02084338.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
I'd look very closely for chips from flying debris before you file your claim. Chips that caused rust, like the stuff you posted about fixing a couple of weeks ag.... earlier today! Yeah, that's the ticket, you posted about fixing it earlier today! After this post! That rust wasn't there yesterday!

:icon_biggrin:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'd look very closely for chips from flying debris before you file your claim. Chips that caused rust, like the stuff you posted about fixing a couple of weeks ag.... earlier today! Yeah, that's the ticket, you posted about fixing it earlier today! After this post! That rust wasn't there yesterday!

:icon_biggrin:

Lol!!
I like the idea but it might be a stretch considering it happened this morning.
I've already sent pics and filed my claim.
Like I said....I just want the stupidity fee.
Ultimately they didn't do anything other than piss me off.
I'll take a deuce to shut me up....

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
like NoCar said...I don't recall that rust in the pics you posted before :icon_lol:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Referring to the Stupidity Fee......
I've used it before.
Just a few weeks ago some clown backed into my Fifth while I was in it.
He just touched the bumper strip but I told him he damaged my compression shock in the bumper....(very confused look)....he asked what it would cost to fix it and I said $300 at the shop at least....but if I did it myself I could get the shock and do it ......man this is a classic car....do you know what this shit costs???!!!. He gave me $200........stupidity fee.....don't screw with my car....

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
i like your way of thinking...gonna have to remember this :laughing5:

Absolutely!!
I had a guy rear end me in a drive thru....
A FREAKIN' DRIVE THRU!!
In the Craprice of all things! :laughing6:
Mashed the plate in on his yaris and didn't even scuff the bumper on mine...

$150 Stupidity Fee. :eusa_dance:

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I got an email today from the city insurance adjuster saying they've received my claim and will be getting back to me shortly.
In other news the city sent out a photographer who was taking pictures of where I park my car and the sidewalk where they were doing the cutting.
One never knows with the city but I think I smell a cheque coming. :hello2:

8v-of-fury

Reaction score
Think of the money they are wasting "checking in to your claim"..

Just cut the cheque, probably save money in the end!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Think of the money they are wasting "checking in to your claim"..

Just cut the cheque, probably save money in the end!

That's what a rational mind would think.....buy this is T.O.
This thing has already gone through...the guy I talked to, the "official" egghead who "officially" responded to my claim, the two photographers who were here today and the insurance adjusters office informing me that they've received my claim and are reviewing it.

Were talking at minimum six people involved all at around $30/hr each.
Unreal....
They're an enterprise unto themselves.

slant6billy

Reaction score
My town cut my cherry blossom on my front yard because they said it over hung the street. It wasn't on the curb line and my van had been parked where they cut. So the tree really looked crappy. Hopefully it comes back full next year. Good luck with your claim. If your town is like mine they will put the blame back on you - or at the least try. I like the " Stupidity Fee". Almost had to impose that today. I was at a light in the van, 3rd in line. This was a 3 way intersection (I can't go straight), but both lanes turn left. I'm in the right lane that has both a right and left arrows on the ground. The bimbo next to me in the Isuzu Ass-ender SUV goes left but drifts right... right into me and honks her horn. So two wrongs make a left in this case. She had been behind me (4th car), but did not feel like being stuck behind the van. So like every impatient S- hole, she went around me on the left and then drifted right. The second wrong was blowing the horn. The name of her SUV is fitting, except put the word "Dumb" in front ASSENDER.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My town cut my cherry blossom on my front yard because they said it over hung the street. It wasn't on the curb line and my van had been parked where they cut. So the tree really looked crappy. Hopefully it comes back full next year. Good luck with your claim. If your town is like mine they will put the blame back on you - or at the least try. I like the " Stupidity Fee". Almost had to impose that today. I was at a light in the van, 3rd in line. This was a 3 way intersection (I can't go straight), but both lanes turn left. I'm in the right lane that has both a right and left arrows on the ground. The bimbo next to me in the Isuzu Ass-ender SUV goes left but drifts right... right into me and honks her horn. So two wrongs make a left in this case. She had been behind me (4th car), but did not feel like being stuck behind the van. So like every impatient S- hole, she went around me on the left and then drifted right. The second wrong was blowing the horn. The name of her SUV is fitting, except put the word "Dumb" in front ASSENDER.

D bag alert.....

I got an email from the city today informing me that the paving company they contacted that did the damage has signed a liability clause so they are directly responsible and not the city. So now my claim has been forwarded to them. I spoke to the woman there today and an awaiting their decision.....

By my count this has involved somewhere around 15 people at this point....
Do the payroll math on that....

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The saga continues......
Now I get an email from the contractors telling me that they've forwarded my claim to the cement contractors that they contacted the contact out to and it's awaiting review.....just keeps getting better....
Nah....I don't think we have too much bureaucracy at all....

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
god damn, pretty soon your gonna have the whole damned city involved :icon_fU:

I gotta be close already.... :icon_super:

Just to recap......here's the list of people who've been involved.

The guy I initially called
His supervisor
The initial contact in the claims department
The claims adjuster.....then
The city's insurance division
Their claims reviewer....then
The paving company claims reviewer.....which got me sent to....
The cement contractor who actually did it's claims reviewer

And let's not forget the two city photographers who came to snap pics.
I'm sure there's more....but just by that count that's nine people at a guess of say $40/hr and easily clocking two hours each.
And it ain't over yet....un-freakin'-believable.....

53ryder

Reaction score
So this 'claim' will get forwarded...round and round she goes! Good luck on getting someone to accept the blame and pony up!

Glenn

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
So this 'claim' will get forwarded...round and round she goes! Good luck on getting someone to accept the blame and pony up!

Glenn

Well as they say....shit rolls downhill.
And I'm at the bottom of the hill now.
So two things are going to happen....
Either they fess up or the whole thing starts all over again.
The city told me if they dispute my claim I can contact them and take different channels.....keep in mind that this is strictly entertainment at this point.
I'm just a stubborn old bastard sending a point home that you can't get away with trashing people's stuff.....not mine anyway. :icon_fU:

Back