Can't get straight answers on price

Engine Swaps

1. slant6billy

slant6billy Well-Known Member

There is a private wrecking yard just about 2 blocks from my house. There is an 87 5th in the weeds at this place. Hit hard in the front left. The motor still has the aircleaner/ leanburn box etc. It has a sanden AC compressor- not the V twin type. I want the brackets and the trans 3 piece throttle presure rods. The old dude is a major Ford junkie- drag cars and big iron jobs from the 30s, 40s and 50s. a few mustangs.His 2011 Roush was put down by a 69 coronet 440 4speed back in the summer (I witnessed)

The crabby old bastard won't give me a price on the 5th's parts. I offered 40 bucks for the alt bracket - me wrenching / pulling. as well the powersteering bracket.

I figure the trans rods too in the 40 dollar price, but I'm offering moderate low. I won't go higher than 50.

I hate it when I can't get a straight up answer on price. So this means I got to drive 40 minutes tomorrow to the next u - pull it.

2. Dr Lebaron

Dr Lebaron Well-Known Member

grump.png

3. bremereric

bremereric FMJ Body Moderator

That picture is the Dr.

4. metallicaman0258

metallicaman0258 Well-Known Member

Doctor Who? (doweahhhhwedadoooo)

5. Aspen500

Aspen500 Well-Known Member

It's a wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey thing.

I've been to yards like that with the grouchy old f*** owner. Of course, with some of the people I used to see that went to those yards looking for parts, I can't blame the owners too much for getting grouchy over the years.

6. 80mirada

80mirada Well-Known Member

We had some real characters running yards in my hometown. Pat would cuss at you and then charge you less than he told you. Joe would always say "five bucks" for anything under 10 pounds. Dick liked to bullshit and give me half of the stuff for free.

beatersRus and Monkeyed like this.
  7. Monkeyed

Monkeyed Well-Known Member

There are about a ten of them within a half mile of my house. One of them is only open at random, half of them carry late model stuff and won't even let you take a look around. A couple have some really cool OLD cars rusting away, 2 or 3 will let you wander around and see what they have... I really need to take a day off sometime and just rummage. If I had the time and money I could have some real fun lol

8. metallicaman0258

metallicaman0258 Well-Known Member

I've got one yard "close" (25 miles). There isn't anything around here but you might know a guy who knows a guy who has one of those things you need.

9. NoCar340

NoCar340 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you're looking at the standard, small-alternator setup and not the big 100A Motorola-alternator stuff? I've got the complete Motorola setup listed in the For Sale section, including the accessories themselves, for $50 OBO + shipping. ;)

10. slant6billy

slant6billy Well-Known Member

I'm actually going a bit different with the alternator from the 92 ram and some slick bracket work

11. NoCar340

NoCar340 Well-Known Member

Same thing I'm doing, actually. ;)