Captain Caravelle's newly acquired Diplomat

Mopar Envy

Reaction score
Here are a number of photos of Captain Caravelle's newest acquistion. This car is fresh from the "barn" in this case the barn was a 74 year old's garage in East York ON. Car has not been registered since 2007 so it was sitting for at least five years.

Tires required inflation and the wheels were siezed but a gentle tug on it with my GMC broke the wheels loose and we were able to roll it out into te daylight.

This car is very very good, interior is mint, body has one repaint but it looks nice overall. Tinkered with 318 for a little while and it fired up, Brake lines are shot but no show stoppers here. Heck of a deal for less than the price of a platinum seat to see the Maple Leafs play.

IMG_0277a.jpg

IMG_0265a.jpg

IMG_0266a.jpg

IMG_0280a.jpg

IMG_0279a.jpg

IMG_0275a.jpg

Last edited:

efriedrich

Reaction score
Looks really nice, I hope the 78 Baron I'm looking at tomarrow is as clean.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Beautiful job Frank! Thanks for taking the pics. Steal of a deal she was. We'll have her ripping in no time.

efriedrich

Reaction score
I got you and Dr. Lebaron to thank, I cant stop looking at your cars and I just have to have one. Those two door M bodies are badass.. Unfortunately I dont have room for both that and my 5th so I will probably have to sell the 5th.

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Too bad I didn't hear about it first. I like crank window M's. That's why I've really stopped looking at Fifth Ave's.
No A/C though. Sucks in the summer. I got spoiled with my Lebarons and Fifth Ave's.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Too bad I didn't hear about it first. I like crank window M's. That's why I've really stopped looking at Fifth Ave's.
No A/C though. Sucks in the summer. I got spoiled with my Lebarons and Fifth Ave's.

You just gotta drive faster man.:headbang:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I got you and Dr. Lebaron to thank, I cant stop looking at your cars and I just have to have one. Those two door M bodies are badass.. Unfortunately I dont have room for both that and my 5th so I will probably have to sell the 5th.

Sorry for the agony Dude. I'd keep the 5th too. I love my 5th too. As far as where to put them...keep in mind, Eastyorker has 5. Mopar Envy has 5 (uless he's hiding anothet one somewhere) and I have 3. Good friends definitely helps but you can always find SOMEWHERE to put them.

Eastyorker

Reaction score
Nice pics. Just realized its in between two Mustangs for safe keeping. Should blend in nicely....

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
Score, Cap'n! Pulled some bits off an '80 Dippy, interior looks identical to your car down to the color

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks guys. She's a real barn find (garage really). Gotta thank Eastyorker and Mopar Envy for all their help. Couldn't have done it without them. :toothy12:

Back