Captain's Caravelle

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I agree I have always thought Captains rides were cool. All unique in there own special way.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
whats your milage like?

Five digit odo so I can only hazard a guess but I suspect the Caravelle has more.
I'm the Fifth owner I think.
The Volare was a one owner (old guy) car.

I agree I have always thought Captains rides were cool. All unique in there own special way.

Thank you kindly Sir.
I love them all....but the Caravelle is my toy. :eusa_dance:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Every time I see the pictures I think of Dirty Harry love those old cop movies back in the day.:cool:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Every time I see the pictures I think of Dirty Harry love those old cop movies back in the day.:cool:

I hear you....me too.
You'll notice all of my cars have the cop wheel setup.
I'll have to find a pic I took.
I parked my Caravelle in front of the local police station.
Cool pic...

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score

Found the pic....
Parked out front of 54 division...

2013-08-24 13.42.09-1.jpg

2013-08-24 13.42.09-1.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Timing and the trans might be just enough to have a difference that is noticeable. I had my 76 with timing set up by a crazy Swede and the trans needing band adjustment, old fluid, and other trans unknowns. My sister's 77 Aspen was set up different. On hers, it had to go to a shop for a motor teardown on the bottom since the previous owner never changed oil- just added. My dad and I did the top end. While at the shop (this was 24 years ago), their main guy set the timing, serviced the trans and drove it until he was satisfied. My 76 Volare had no real power compared to the Aspen. So, with my disorder of "Can't leave well enough alone", my first slant went on roids with a fabbed up 4 bbl, new distributor, free flow pipe and trans shift kit. Later had the head off and cam changed. So at that point it was no comparison.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I tuned both of these cars so I have no idea what the deal is with this thing.....
The Volare runs and drives like a well tuned Super Six.
The Caravelle.....like it has an attitude.
Obviously it's not a rocket....I mean it is a basically stock Super Six.
But for some reason....it's a tad more badass than the other.

Maybe this goes back to what I was saying before about them having feelings.
It thinks it's a hot rod......?

slant6billy

Reaction score
Don't know about them having feelings, but attitude and personality - yes. I just got my new license plate and now refer to my 79 Volare as "EVE". The most evil of all women. Like a bitch, but worse. Devouring souls and envy lust temptation at redlights.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Don't know about them having feelings, but attitude and personality - yes. I just got my new license plate and now refer to my 79 Volare as "EVE". The most evil of all women. Like a bitch, but worse. Devouring souls and envy lust temptation at redlights.

Lol!!
Guess that's part of what I mean.
The Volare is the wife's ride and is fairly well mannered.
The Caravelle is mine alone and has serious attitude.

Back