Car Of The Month:February 2016 F Body Modified Submissions

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Let the games begin.
Our kickoff month is F body modified.
In other words not stock. Engine mods, body or whatever you've done to make your ride uniquely yours.

Post a few pics and a little history or a story about your ride. Once we have at least three submissions I'll start the voting.

Thanks in advance for participating.
--- Post updated ---
Hey!!!! One at a time.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Mine is a non numbers matched 79 Volare with an 85 AHB 318 with 71 340 heads and intake. Originally a slant6 car. I had to borrow metal from 5 different mopar f bodies from my old 76 premier Volare, my sister 77 Aspen, 78 SC (no title rust bucket) and an 80 Volare. It still ain't done. I'm no body guy, not a painter, and really never went to school for anything for cars. I sit at a desk and make schedules in Microsoft Project and scream at software engineers. However, my dad had me wrenching on mopars from the age of 6 or 7- can't really remember. Car is shot with duplicolor candy orange and cleared the same. all with a borrowed compressor and a Harbor Freight 12 dollar gravgun. Still need to get it to the track
genlee org.jpg
black shot 2.jpg
sanding party.jpg
copper 1.jpg
orange paint 1.jpg
76 rr.jpg
100_3368.JPG
100_3723.JPG
100_3778.JPG

And the final product

Aspen500

Reaction score
Suppose I should get in on the action. Stay tuned, I'll do it tonight since I'm at work right now (lunch time).

Darth-Car

Reaction score
The first one is killer. Can not wait to see the next additions!

Aspen500

Reaction score
OK then. Short history. Bought the car after it was traded in on a 1987 Taurus (I was a Ford tech at the time) for a whopping $700. It had 72,000 miles at that time. It's a Sunrise with Décor Package, slant 6, 4-speed O/D, power steering and AM/FM 4 speaker stereo and that was about it I think. In 1989 a brake hose blew and I shortened the front end about a foot or so, introducing the fan to the radiator, etc. I had planned on swapping in 360 that I had sitting on a stand (from a 1976 Duster 360) and good a time as any while I was fixing the collision damage. A buddy said "since you're swapping to a V-8, why not go all the way and put in a 440?" What a stupid idea..............or is it??? Then everyone told me "it can't be done", "it'll never fit". Had to prove them wrong. Did it on a tight (no) budget. Junkyard 440 and 727 TF and an 8 3/4" from a '71 Roadrunner. Drove it like that until coming home from the Car Craft Summer Cruise in 1996, the trans lost drive and did the last 20 miles in 2nd gear. Life got in the way, bought a house, blah, blah, blah.
Continued in next post.....
--- Post updated ---
Fast forward to 2002 when I finally got started on it. Original plan was overhaul the trans, do a little body/paint work and some other odds and ends. Ever hear of the snowball effect? Yep. Next thing I knew the car was down to a bare shell. Literally every single part, assembly, nut and bolt is either overhauled, rebuilt, replaced or otherwise made like new again (except certain parts of the interior, that's coming).
It's now a 500" stroker and gained A/C along the way thanks to a '78 parts car I bought back in '96 and canabalized the firewall, inner fender panels and HVAC plenum.
Other than rechroming the bumpers and machine work on the block and heads, 99% of the rest was done by myself. Ron (forget his screen name here, sorry) came up from Milwaukee area,,,,,in a snowstorm,,,,to lend a hand hanging the doors. (Ron with the calenders).
Anyways, that's the short version. Someday I need to start a thread to give the long version to bore all of you and some pics of it "in progress".
A few pics of it as it is now:
pic3.JPG
DSC00007.JPG
DSCF0002.JPG
DSCF0002.JPG
DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0001.JPG

Aspen500

Reaction score
I guess, for reference here's what it looked like in it's previous versions. The one with the Keystones is a couple days after I bought it. Yes, that is Panther Pink with the silver..... Hadn't put the 1/4 window louvers back on (they were in the trunk when I bought the car). Not sure who that young guy is posing with the car! lol The second (rear view) silver pic with the Magnum 500's is as it looked about 1990-1991 roughly. OK, I painted the wheels Panther Pink to match the car, so sue me!
The green version was from about 1992 until it fried the trans in '96. Yes it sucked where I lived at the time (rented a house) with a gravel driveway and 1 mile of gravel road to drive on to get there.

How my first post ended up being posted twice, I have no idea. Stupid computers.......:)

DSCF0024.JPG
DSCF0025.JPG
DSCF0023.JPG

slant6billy

Reaction score
OK then. Short history. Bought the car after it was traded in on a 1987 Taurus (I was a Ford tech at the time) for a whopping $700. It had 72,000 miles at that time. It's a Sunrise with Décor Package, slant 6, 4-speed O/D, power steering and AM/FM 4 speaker stereo and that was about it I think. In 1989 a brake hose blew and I shortened the front end about a foot or so, introducing the fan to the radiator, etc. I had planned on swapping in 360 that I had sitting on a stand (from a 1976 Duster 360) and good a time as any while I was fixing the collision damage. A buddy said "since you're swapping to a V-8, why not go all the way and put in a 440?" What a stupid idea..............or is it??? Then everyone told me "it can't be done", "it'll never fit". Had to prove them wrong. Did it on a tight (no) budget. Junkyard 440 and 727 TF and an 8 3/4" from a '71 Roadrunner. Drove it like that until coming home from the Car Craft Summer Cruise in 1996, the trans lost drive and did the last 20 miles in 2nd gear. Life got in the way, bought a house, blah, blah, blah.
--- Post updated ---
Fast forward to 2002 when I finally got started on it. Original plan was overhaul the trans, do a little body/paint work and some other odds and ends. Ever hear of the snowball effect? Yep. Next thing I knew the car was down to a bare shell. Literally every single part, assembly, nut and bolt is either overhauled, rebuilt, replaced or otherwise made like new again (except certain parts of the interior, that's coming).
It's now a 500" stroker and gained A/C along the way thanks to a '78 parts car I bought back in '96 and canabalized the firewall, inner fender panels and HVAC plenum.
Other than rechroming the bumpers and machine work on the block and heads, 99% of the rest was done by myself. Ron (forget his screen name here, sorry) came up from Milwaukee area,,,,,in a snowstorm,,,,to lend a hand hanging the doors. (Ron with the calenders).
Anyways, that's the short version. Someday I need to start a thread to give the long version to bore all of you and some pics of it "in progress".
A few pics of it as it is now:View attachment 13950 View attachment 13951 View attachment 13952 View attachment 13953 View attachment 13954 View attachment 13955
That interior is so frikkin clean. It is like computer generated like

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Do the rules of the contest allow you to nominate your own car?

Yes.
Just to keep it simple basically you submit your car. Makes it easy and besides. There's only so many cars on here.
--- Post updated ---
--- Post updated ---
A few pics of it as it is now:View attachment 13950 View attachment 13951 View attachment 13952 View attachment 13953 View attachment 13954 View attachment 13955

Absolutely gorgeous.
--- Post updated ---
One more car and we've got a showdown.

slant6billy

Reaction score
And I was just reminded by my wife that my one ex girlfriend's grandmother gave me a 78 Aspen SE coupe - I used for some metal and interior parts. Funny how wives remember details tied back to ex's. Here is some interior shots
100_3865.JPG
100_3867.JPG
100_3866.JPG
100_3868.JPG

Darth-Car

Reaction score
WOW these cars are all so amazing. The voting will be difficult.

efriedrich

Reaction score
Bremeric where is your RT dude, you have one of the best on here, also where is that beautiful brown/bronze 4 speed F I cant remember the guys handle but I think it was his dads car and he ended up restoring it, that's one of my favorite cars on the site.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yep. Come on Eric.
I was thinking the same thing.
--- Post updated ---
DSCF0006.JPG
What the heck, couple more interior shots.
The headliner isn't really bowed down, it's an optical illusion in the pic for some reason.
The rear trim panels, unfortunately, are warped like that. Not an illusion! lol
DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0005.JPG

Back