Car of the Month: new format

ramenth

Reaction score
Okay, guys, I'm putting this up for the general membership. Ed's idea of doing a CotM is good idea for generating interest in the site as well as keeping our current members excited.

I've talked to Ed and given my proposal to Joey and it's time to bring this to you guys.

My idea is to do a professional style article on each month's winner to put the spotlight on the owner and the car, to be archived in a new sub-forum of Car of the Month. It would be along the lines of a magazine write-up meant for the site.

I'm staying with the current format for each month: F mod, J-mod, M-mod, each body style stock, wagons, 4 door head to head, coupe head to head, best overall F, M, J, et cetera. The ideas are limitless on what we can do. And don't think I'm leaving out projects, as projects are as important to the site as cars that are done.

I want to work a month in advance. Balloting in May, for instance, will be for the June winner. Balloting will be given to the general membership just as it is now, but done with a non-public ballot. The winner will be revealed at the beginning of each month. Balloting will be done on an open window for two weeks, so it will be important to cast your vote early (but unlike Chicago, not often). I'll take the next two weeks to talk to owner of the car, do the story, get pics, and submit it back to owner for review for approval before it gets posted. How ever the owner wants to talk to me is up to the owner: email, PM's, phone.

I want to disqualify any previous months' winner so that we can concentrate on making the features are as broad as possible.

You can nominate your own car or someone else's (as long as the owner agrees to it, so ask in advance, please). Don't be afraid to toot your own horn, that's what this whole thing is about. Don't be afraid to ask the owner of someone else's car if you'd like to see a more detailed feature than what you're getting in the restoration's section or what has been posted in general.

I would think that everyone here agrees that the F/M and J platform gets short shift in the way of recognition in the general Mopar world. This is a good opportunity at beating the magazines at their own game with feature cars and bringing the spotlight on our cars to the forefront.

What say you?

ramenth

Reaction score
Ed just brought something to my attention that I should point out.

This will in no way affect the current on going competition. Since both competitors have already given us a write up on each car, I'd figured we'd run with that for the winner and post that to the subforum to kick it off.

After that, we might be taking a month hiatus to get the new format up and running, so any balloting for March won't take the shine off February's winner.

Back