Carlisle 2015

Aspen500

Reaction score
Hey, you guys going to Carlisle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't forget PHOTOS for us poor shmucks who can't be there!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hey, you guys going to Carlisle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't forget PHOTOS for us poor shmucks who can't be there!

Exactly!!!
There's no way I can go so please share the wealth with the rest of us poor buggers who can't make it.

DCAspen

Reaction score
I never really see the whole show do to helping my friend sell parts,gets real busy at times and you need at least 2 people.Hey Billy,just go yourself,leave the tagalongs home that way you can come and go as you please,After going for as long as I have,you need to find the right people THAT want to be there for 5 days like me.Look forward to this show all year.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Exactly!!!
There's no way I can go so please share the wealth with the rest of us poor buggers who can't make it.

I'll be shooting photos (color & B/W) and Video. I wish I could get a live stream.

I never really see the whole show do to helping my friend sell parts,gets real busy at times and you need at least 2 people.Hey Billy,just go yourself,leave the tagalongs home that way you can come and go as you please,After going for as long as I have,you need to find the right people THAT want to be there for 5 days like me.Look forward to this show all year.

I know , really. Tough to get folks that wanna howl at the Carlisle Mopar Moon!

Aspen500

Reaction score
As an alternative, I hope to get to the Iola (WI) show/swap this year. Haven't been there since '95, WTF?! It's only about an hour from here. Well, an hour to get to Iola then an hour sitting in traffic. Iola is a small town with a pop. of maybe 1,000 except during show weekend, then it's more like 100,000 so they have roads made for only 1,000 people. Do the math.

Not Mopar specific but, what are you going to do? This year "Big Daddy" Don Garlits is going to be there with one of the old Swamp Rats along with other old drag cars. There's going to be a "cackle fest" or whatever you want to call it. Got to be there in person to hear that! Usually around 2,200 show cars, 4,500 swap spaces, plus a whole crap load in the car corral for sale.

Only bad part about the show? It's held in the middle of July and is usually about 100 degrees out, very humid and little to no shade in site at the show grounds. Always seems to be a HUGE storm on one of the 3 days or nights also. Oh well................That's summer in Wisconsin, lol.

http://iolaoldcarshow.com/

Should clarify. I'm not putting the Aspen in the show. Not my thing plus all but the featured car spaces (this year race and pace cars) and the OE tent are on the grass. I know, grass doesn't hurt anything it's the principle of the thing!

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
As an alternative, I hope to get to the Iola (WI) show/swap this year. Haven't been there since '95, WTF?! It's only about an hour from here. Well, an hour to get to Iola then an hour sitting in traffic. Iola is a small town with a pop. of maybe 1,000 except during show weekend, then it's more like 100,000 so they have roads made for only 1,000 people. Do the math.

Not Mopar specific but, what are you going to do? This year "Big Daddy" Don Garlits is going to be there with one of the old Swamp Rats along with other old drag cars. There's going to be a "cackle fest" or whatever you want to call it. Got to be there in person to hear that! Usually around 2,200 show cars, 4,500 swap spaces, plus a whole crap load in the car corral for sale.

Only bad part about the show? It's held in the middle of July and is usually about 100 degrees out, very humid and little to no shade in site at the show grounds. Always seems to be a HUGE storm on one of the 3 days or nights also. Oh well................That's summer in Wisconsin, lol.

http://iolaoldcarshow.com/

Should clarify. I'm not putting the Aspen in the show. Not my thing plus all but the featured car spaces (this year race and pace cars) and the OE tent are on the grass. I know, grass doesn't hurt anything it's the principle of the thing!

Carlisle can get ungodly hot too. Last year was ok Friday and super hot on Saturday. I would had stayed, but my co driver had heat issues. Previous was overcast.
Enos discussion.jpg
Here is a 2013 lookback. That's the one and only Hazard County Deputy Enos Strate shooting the breeze with the moparians at Carlisle.

Enos discussion.jpg

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
as some of you know............. I never miss it!!!!!!!!
You still have that little 5 speed you were selling at the show last year?
I sold that Shelby shadow back in 2013. I had the 1979 R/T for sale there last year. Just bringing the kitcar for the show this year. Vending has taken a turn at Carlisle. People pick up a part and say "I've been looking for one of these for years!!!" Then set it down n walk away.......wth?? If the price is too high at least offer what your willing to pay!! But they don't. So this year I sit back and enjoy!!

Joe12459

Reaction score
Good luck on the trip.
Any video of her running?

[video]www.facebook.com/100000780680139/videos/vb.100000780680139/890466640989350/?type=2&theater&notif_t=comment_[/video]

OK, here's my try. I didn't have much trouble installing multiple computers, modules, etc in a Mirada, but I'm not sure I know how to post a video. My son did this for me. I'll try to have better video and pics this weekend.

slant6billy

Reaction score
So my latest itinerary has me in Carlisle on Friday 10th and Saturday the 11th. Would had been the whole thing but no such luck. Anyone else going? send me a PM with your spot number and your text/cell. I'm just bringing out parts... a crapload of parts from my collection and roadrunninmark's stash. He has some F body stuf, but mainly 70/71 cuda stuff and 69 RR stuff. Look forward to meeting up.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I'm packing the van now. Talk about cramming 800 pounds of shit in a 5 pound box

slant6billy

Reaction score
Pictures & video. I may have to bribe Joe (with a few imported beers) to let me ride shotgun in the Hemi Mirada R/T and video the experience

DCAspen

Reaction score
Just finished packing my Jeep,My friend has a full size Dodge P/U and small trailer for 3 swap spaces,were going to have a lot of parts on our site.leaving on Wed. 8 AM

slant6billy

Reaction score
Here is shots of the Van getting packed with just stuff from my shed and not the trailer Roadrunninmark is bring a bunch more B E and other mopar stuff, so we're split on space in the truck
100_3370.jpg
100_3371.jpg
100_3372.jpg
100_3373.jpg
100_3374.jpg
100 for the challey grille,50 for the Ebody challey cuda Ac heater box, 40 for the Volare tails76/77, 80 volare fenders 70 and the 80 volare grile 25 - it has the lower border missing from the police push bar

100_3370.jpg

100_3371.jpg

100_3372.jpg

100_3373.jpg

100_3374.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
seat belts column and glove box too

column 80

Belts 25

glove box 35

Back