Caster Shims

Millmech

Reaction score
Does anyone have dimensions of Caster Shims. If nothing else, thickness. Longer bolts needed? New bolt length?
1977 Aspen [Olga]. Wanting to get this done in 1 day. Thanks -

Aspen500

Reaction score
This thread has all you ever wanted to know about the shims and then some. Actually they're camber shims, not caster shims but I'm picking nits. Scroll down a ways and there is an illustration with all the dimensions on page 2. I did this on my car and it fixed it right up (used an NOS shim kit off Ebay). The existing bolts are more than long enough to use with the shims.

He used 1/4" steel to fabricate his own, but pretty sure the factory TSB ones are 3/16".

Alignment problems?

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Can you tell I'm an auto tech? Always have to use the correct terms or I'd be drummed out of the collective, lol :)

Millmech

Reaction score
Thank You. What thread is this, of which you write
This thread has all you ever wanted to know about the shims and then some. Actually they're camber shims, not caster shims but I'm picking nits. Scroll down a ways and there is an illustration with all the dimensions on page 2. I did this on my car and it fixed it right up (used an NOS shim kit off Ebay). The existing bolts are more than long enough to use with the shims.

He used 1/4" steel to fabricate his own, but pretty sure the factory TSB ones are 3/16".

Alignment problems?
Thank You. Could you direct me to this thread?
?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't totally sure what thickness they were.

You must have missed the link I posted but BudW has it also. Afterall, it was his thread to begin with! lol

Click on the "Alignment Problems" at the bottom of the post and it'll take you there.

Back