changing out 79 Volare SE

barbee6043

Reaction score
I have a rust free pretty much survivor slant car. I admit I like my cars pretty much "bare". This car is so original right down to the decals under the hood. I hate to start talking off AC and all "unneeded" do da's". But lets face it, no one wants to give, me $2500 for it either. I like the car. Its profile, road manners, etc. I will like it more if I add spoilers, change the super six over to a good 318, and 4 speed I have here.
I know, it's may car, do as I like, BUT.........advice??

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I see the car us up for sale, and has been for a while.

If I was leaning towards selling the car – try eBay.
I have bought two cars from that site, and has been pleased, both times (My ’97 Dodge ¾ ton diesel pickup and my ’77 Volare wagon).
Just keep in mind that lots and lots of photos, and being honest about things – helps a lot.
There are other nationwide sites to sell older cars, as well.

Entering the car in car shows, and items like that – might bring a sale (if car has a for sale sign on it).
In Oklahoma City, there is something going on just about every Saturday morning, wither it be a group meeting for doughnuts, or a group of people taking a drive to see some museum.
Note: I’ve been to a few of these – but my kids and their soccer games, basketball games, my work, etc. has taken over a lot of my Saturdays … err, weekends.

Another thing, getting a set of matching wheels (and/or hubcaps) will help any sale (personally, I always wonder why a car doesn't have a matching set).
Also taking pictures without any distractions (like work lunch pail, dirty work boots, grocery bags, etc.), also can make (or break) any potential sale.

I’m always getting comments about my ’77 wagon – for there is very little out there that looks anything like it. Now my ’86 5th Ave, I don’t get any comments about (might be the difference in bright blue vs. dark metallic charcoal grey - IDK).

If you are on the fence on what to do – then make a list of likes, dislikes and where you see yourself in a few years.
Are you married . . . with kids, single, going to school (the list goes on)?
Are you looking for something fun to drive, reliable, able to find replacement parts easily, easy to work on (and this list also goes on)?
What do you want for a car? Is the car you currently have able to get you to that point?
Do you have alternative transportation?

There might be additional things to bring to the table for you to make the best decision.

If you do plan on keeping the car, this is a great site for knowledge on these cars.
BudW

barbee6043

Reaction score
I have the Volare and a 71 Duster and 62 Lancer. Have had many Mopars since 80's. I love my cars, but hate dealing with selling. Sold a few on Feebay back bout 2005. Never again for me. I will buy an occasional part off there.

Only eason I offered it for sale was becase of some medical bills. I have since found they made the mistake. Ha

I bought it because never had an F body. I love learning about new things and models I never had before. I love their profile. It was rust free. It was pretty much a survivor. That being the only reason I hate to "change" it. I retired poor, and car poor. Just a toy like my other 2 Mopars.

Pretty much decided i will keep it, don't need to sell it. An make it like want it. I will be adding spoilers, and probably dropping in a good 318, A833, (and 8 1/4) I have.

Back