Christmas came early! (Or a month late?)

82Cordoba

Reaction score
Went and picked up some nice things today. Found a guy that was parting out a Durango and so I thought I would go grab a couple parts off of it. Well a couple turned into more and more. I ended up coming home with a trunk load of parts for the Durango, a new starter and a few other things for the Dakota, and the best deal, A pair of Magnum heads complete with rockers and hardware CRACK FREE for $100! He already had them checked and had them set back for a future build but decided just to sell them. Told me he went through many many pairs before he found some crack free. I ended up paying a whopping total of $140 for everything I brought home. (Which was alot). Gonna go back in a few weeks and get a completely rust free rear hatch for the Rango ($80) and probably the full R/T Interior ($125) and probably the rust free front bumper($?). And whatever else I can snatch up. The heads are going on my 318 Cordoba after a slight clean up job.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Get those heads on there and torqued down with no cracks and I will say you have two Christmas's this year.

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
Score!

Don't know where it's like where you're at, but finding rust free Durango hatches around here is like pulling teeth.

82Cordoba

Reaction score
Score!

Don't know where it's like where you're at, but finding rust free Durango hatches around here is like pulling teeth.

Same here. First you have to actually find a Durango for parts, then it's near impossible to find a rust free one. The one I found is a 2001 Durango R/T. Only had a bad transmission. Completely rust free other than some surface rust where someone keyed up the drivers side.

CMX360

Reaction score
I got a 98 SLT in the fall for $650. 180K but no rot or major rust. Its been a New England truck its whole life. Really odd. I have a 2000 SLT parts truck with the same mileage and its got rotted rockers and lower quarters. Then my fathers 99 with 150K is a total rot box. Even the engine block has scale. No one car ages the same.

82Cordoba

Reaction score
I wasn't able to get the rear hatch or interior. I was a day late getting back down there. A little disappointed but oh well. Mine is a 98 SLT with the only rust being the rear hatch on the inside of it and the passenger side rear rocker is gone. It has about 180,000 miles on it. The rocker would be fine I suspect except i the wheel well liner on that side was missing when I got it. If you look closely you can see that quarter panel is a slightly different shade so my guess is it was wrecked and they didnt replace the liner. But I did get the wheel well liner from that parts Rango and I'll put it in after I repair the rocker. When I went back down I bought a hood, passenger fender, and passenger door for my Dakota. All excellent rust free. Got those 3 things for $120 then bought some odds and ends for the Dakota. It has been in my area of Northeren West Virginia it's entire life and the only rust on it was a tiny hole on the passenger wheel well. But it also has only 94000 miles. I bought it right at 92000 miles. The frame is completely spotless. But the previous owner was in a parking lot and someone sideswiped it (Thats where the fender door and hood come in) The previous owner replaced all 3 but they werent very nice condition so he slapped bondo all across them.

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
Man, hearing these 'rot' stories on cars not from the early-'60's...reminds me of when I lived in the rustbelt (NH, NY, MA, OH, PA, MD). My '69 Valiant, no rot and has been outside most all of it's life. The GF? 1/2 it's life was outside, no rot. Heck, my '99 Regal doesn't even have undercoating except for maybe a spritz in each wheel well...not a drop of rust. They start to rust/rot when seals let go and water pools up in spots and then just sits. Takes quite awhile for the most part

Back