Chryslers at Carlisle

Yellowdart

Reaction score
Is anyone going? This will be my first trip, to the event, and I am looking forward to it.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
Is anyone going? This will be my first trip, to the event, and I am looking forward to it.
i aim to be up there Thurs or Friday. will also be my first Carlisle. i don't actually know if you need to pre register or do you just kinda show up?

Yellowdart

Reaction score
I attempted to buy ticket and parking, on the Carlisle Event site, Didn't work first time, but will try again. I won't know any more than you, until I get there - Saturday. But I am looking forward to it.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
unfortunately i work Saturday so i'm gonna try and make the best of my Friday

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
just got home from Carlise. not a lot of FMJ stuff but i was fortunate to get a few things. there is a guy by the red building behind the bleachers selling Fifth Ave parts. i might regret not getting these nice cordoba seats but idk if they'd fit in a Gran Fury. would look hella cool tho

IMG_20240712_142331820.jpg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Kasper Racing is down there this weekend. Tons of FMJ stuff. He's a good dude and knows how to make deals
Screenshot_20240712-204623_Chrome.jpg

MARCH374

Reaction score
Did you see the 1977 Volare road runner with the Hellcat engine ?

Yellowdart

Reaction score
I must have missed Kasper. I had one day, Saturday, there, and covered as much as I could, but as the day went on, and it kept getting hotter, I missed a lot. As far as J bodies go, I think I saw three or four. I did meet one person, who is trying to make new replacement rear fender extensions. Hopefully he succeeds.

armataz

Reaction score
just got home from Carlise. not a lot of FMJ stuff but i was fortunate to get a few things. there is a guy by the red building behind the bleachers selling Fifth Ave parts. i might regret not getting these nice cordoba seats but idk if they'd fit in a Gran Fury. would look hella cool tho

View attachment 53612
if the brackets dint fit, you could have just switched with the brackets from your fury's bench . but they should interchange, since both are full body's

volare 1977

Reaction score
Plenty of F body stuff. Just needed to know where is was located as is takes a lot of walking.

slant six

Reaction score
There were more FJM parts this year than I have ever seen before.
I have attended every year since 1989.

I did not get to the F-body section of the show this year. I should have.

I was there with my '62 Valiant V200 Station Wagon and the '62 ValianTrailer.

I took a bunch of pictures feel free to check them out Here.
The pictures are mostly of Trucks, Station Wagons, RV's, and other odd stuff. Since I have been playing with F-bodies since 1996, parting seemingly countless numbers of these cars and having owned 4 of them over the years, with 2 remaining in the fleet now, I tend to document the stuff that is less familiar to me.

Yellowdart

Reaction score
Glad to see any photos. My one day there was Saturday. I spent too much time looking at parts, not enough looking at all the cars. One day is not enough time, especially with how hot it was on Saturday. The place is huge.

slant six

Reaction score
One day is about enough to see 1/4 of the items there. To see it all you really need 2.5-3 days.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
wow, there were more FMJ parts than at any other event you been too? at most i saw a few misc Fifth Ave parts. lights, dashs, front clips. tons of B body stuff there (so many old radios). one attendant said there used to be a guy selling AHB stuff years ago. he gave me some tail lights and some misc Dip parts. nice guy.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
this nice Fifth Ave was parked at the school next door to the event. 10 dollar parking i ended up having to park on the grass next to that school.

IMG_20240712_110807403.jpg

IMG_20240712_153610849.jpg

Back