Cold Case is here to help

ColdCaseJoe

Vendor
FFJBO Vendor
Reaction score
We are proud to be a Sponsor of For FMJ Bodies Only. I'm sure many of you are asking 'Who the heck is Cold Case?' I thought I'd post a little FAQ here that I think will answer most of your questions:

Q- Is Cold Case a new company?

A- While the Cold Case brand is only a couple of years old, Cold Case is a product line of Max Performance Inc. which has been in business as a specialty American car and truck parts supplier for the past 30 years and was started by the same people who brought you Pypes Performance Exhaust.

Q- there's a lot of debate over Copper/Brass or Aluminum.

A- And there probably always will be. If you are doing a concours correct numbers matching vehicle, you simply need an original copper/brass OEM radiator. However, Aluminum, although much lighter, is incredibly strong when no epoxy is used. It dissipates heat faster. It looks nicer. Aluminum pricing is down and copper pricing is up. It's a change for the better for most of you! As you read further, you'll see we've answered any other negatives with regard to aluminum.

Q- The market is full of Radiator Companies. Why yet another?!

A- Yes, agreed. We fully admit there is no shortage of expensive high quality radiators and there is no shortage of no-name aluminum radiators on all over Ebay and Amazon but we feel there is a big need for a high quality brand you can trust at a price that is not all that far off of the cheap no-name brands.

Q- Do you have radiators for everything? Do you do custom work?

A- At this time, we don't do custom work. We only make radiators that we have identified as at least somewhat popular. Everything we have is made in a production environment in reasonable quantities. This allows us to keep our prices down,

Q- So what makes Cold Case better than the high end brands

A- We're not claiming to be better than these brands. In fact, one of the disadvantages of Cold Case is that we don't do custom work and we don't do specialty high horsepower vehicles at this time. However, our construction quality, design elements, tig welding and materials all rival the big guys. One thing we can claim that beats some of the expensive box welded tank lines is that our radiators are designed to fit in the factory position with factory hardware, shrouds and brackets in most cases. We can claim this because both our top and bottom tanks are stamped to look and fit like originals.

Q- What makes Cold Case better than the all the no name brands?

A-
1. We have stamped tanks for an OEM look and application correct fitment
2. Rather than using 2,3 or 4 small tubes in our cores, All our radiators are built with BB capacity utilizing 2 oversize rows that cool 20,30 or even 40% better than 4, 3 or 2 row cores the no name brands use.
3. All our tanks are fully polished
4. We use OEM petcock valves
5. Our filler necks are welded from the inside instead of the outside.
6. Our filler necks allow you to use an OEM radiator cap if you choose.
7. Because we use OEM style tanks, ours can mount using all the factory brackets, fan shrouds and hardware.
8. We offer a Lifetime Warranty and a 60 day cool guarantee.
9. Our tech staff is always available by phone or e-mail to answer your questions
10. Although the brand is new, our parent company has been around for 30 years. You can trust we'll be around in the future.

Q- How can you offer such a high quality product at such a reasonable price?

A- 1. We use stamped tanks which require less welding to produce
2. Our line isn't quite as expansive as others but each model we make is
made in higher production volume to reduce costs.
3. We're the new kid on the block. We have to get your attention
somehow. Maybe if we get rich and famous, we'll raise our prices
too!
smile.gif

We'll be monitoring this forum and from time to time should be able to objectively contribute helpful information to solve your cooling problems in the future. Thanks for giving us this opportunity.

Cold Case Aluminum Radiators

Justwondering

Reaction score
coldcasejoe --
Nice write up; however, when I visited your site it is immediately apparent that Chrysler is not on the drop down list for searching.
Using the generic search, there is no results for 'New Yorker' or 'Fifth Avenue'.

Production totals for years 1984 thru 1989:

K LeBaron 583,143
E New Yorker 400,268
M Fifth Avenue sedan 879,450
H LeBaron GTS 224,403
J LeBaron coupe, convertible 99,633

When you revisit this forum and read this comment please explain the lack of Chrysler products in your lineup and why should I be interested in cold case products?

ColdCaseJoe

Vendor
FFJBO Vendor
Reaction score
coldcasejoe --
Nice write up; however, when I visited your site it is immediately apparent that Chrysler is not on the drop down list for searching.
Using the generic search, there is no results for 'New Yorker' or 'Fifth Avenue'.

Production totals for years 1984 thru 1989:

K LeBaron 583,143
E New Yorker 400,268
M Fifth Avenue sedan 879,450
H LeBaron GTS 224,403
J LeBaron coupe, convertible 99,633

When you revisit this forum and read this comment please explain the lack of Chrysler products in your lineup and why should I be interested in cold case products?

Here's where we are at:
1. We're just finishing up all our research on the B & E bodies and are 1/2 way through the A-bodies. Mopars are quite complicated compared to GM and Ford, so it takes a lot more research. By participating in this community, I think that process can be expedited.

2. The admin's sponsor package included this Forum for no extra charge. We didn't see a reason to turn that down and at least start some dialogue on what is popular in the way of FMJ-Body.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm impressed you answered. I really appreciate it when vendors at least try to help us understand the concerns and issues with production parts.

They may be complicated, but we love our mopars!

I have an 87 Fifth Avenue if you want any measurements, test installs, proofread on directions, moral support... let us know. It would be refreshing for our cars to be something other than an also-ran to the vendors.

Thanks again for answering my questions.

4speedjim

Reaction score
Coldcasejoe, love the name! Welcome to the F,M,J forum, and Thank You for signing on with us. We like to support our sponsors, and you arrived just in time. How soon will you have your Mopar product line available and on your site? Im in the market for a new larger capacity 22" radiator before my car goes back on the road this spring, so your timing couldnt be any better for me. What part of Pa are you from? Im an hr North & East of Erie for whatever thats worth to ya. Just thought Id share.

ColdCaseJoe

Vendor
FFJBO Vendor
Reaction score
Coldcasejoe, love the name! Welcome to the F,M,J forum, and Thank You for signing on with us. We like to support our sponsors, and you arrived just in time. How soon will you have your Mopar product line available and on your site? Im in the market for a new larger capacity 22" radiator before my car goes back on the road this spring, so your timing couldnt be any better for me. What part of Pa are you from? Im an hr North & East of Erie for whatever thats worth to ya. Just thought Id share.

What car are you looking for? We may may have an application for you. We are located in Hatfield, which is about 40 mins NW of Philadelphia.

ColdCaseJoe

Vendor
FFJBO Vendor
Reaction score
I'm impressed you answered. I really appreciate it when vendors at least try to help us understand the concerns and issues with production parts.

They may be complicated, but we love our mopars!

I have an 87 Fifth Avenue if you want any measurements, test installs, proofread on directions, moral support... let us know. It would be refreshing for our cars to be something other than an also-ran to the vendors.

Thanks again for answering my questions.

Sounds good! I will let my R&D team know if they need any specs. Thanks.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Nice to have you participate. I am going to need a new Chrysler M body radiator for a 318 CID car With A/C this Spring. Will you have something available by April?

ColdCaseJoe

Vendor
FFJBO Vendor
Reaction score
Nice to have you participate. I am going to need a new Chrysler M body radiator for a 318 CID car With A/C this Spring. Will you have something available by April?
If you can provide some measurements, we may have something that works, just not tested in that specific vehicle. We do not have anything that would be ready for spring unless it has the same dimensions as something we already offer.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
ColdCaseJoe, welcome.
Might I suggest picking up a radiator from your local autoparts store, duplicating it, returning it, manufacturing it........

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I think you can see real interest in your products here verses ads you may have placed on boards for other car models. You might want to focus your R&D efforts here rather then elsewhere, because the competition ignores us.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The ‘70’s/80’s Dodge pickups have the same dimensions as our cars (for those FMJ’s V8’s with A/C).
Just need to make sure the radiator necks are in same position.

The V8’s without A/C and /6's are in a different boat.
BudW

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
They do have something for dodge van. I forget if those fit or just the truck ones.

Lightning II

Reaction score
from the dippy.org site, it looks like only the lower hose needs trimming if you use the Pickup radiator.

Going off of O'Reilly's site, it appears that the Pickup & Van radiators don't interchange. But it's likely only because the mounts are different.

EDIT: Yep, the Van radiator is 2.5~ inches wider.

Ele115

Reaction score
"We're here to help and we have some good deals."

...."But you don't have anything that fits our cars!"

"We will some day. Don't forget to hit that like button"

Aspen500

Reaction score
If you think about it, none of the ones in the drop down at the right have very much of anything (if anything at all) for our cars.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
If they really wanted to make a fmj line they would simply ask for a few to send them a few oem examples.

Its pretty bad they have dam near every mopar rad. listed but zip fmj.

So why even have a vendor ad here for a product that does not exist?

Last edited:

Bill Park

Reaction score
A body rad bolted right in to my 79 runner with only changing out the drain cock and drilling one hole in the mount. It works great keeps the 440 kooooool

MARCH374

Reaction score
What did you order for your A Body ? Year, eng, etc.

Thanks

Back