Considering Mirada Purchase

randomguy

Reaction score
Hello, just dropping by here as I few cars on my list I'm considering and one that my wife would be into so it makes spending $$$ a little easier. Anyways, one of these an 81-83 Mirada's what is the good, the bad, and the ugly? I have an 84 Chrysler Fifth Avenue but, the wife doesn't like it much so I think these cars a pretty similar but, just curious on these as my wife kind of likes them. So, basically what types of issues should I look for compared to say an M-Body? I'm looking to have one a decent cruiser.

The other thing is how much car would say $3k-$4k buy? Thank you again.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
M body and J body mechanicals are the same. J bodies are rwo door cars built on the M body 4 door wheelbase.

Mirada's biggest issues are the fender caps on the rear fenders disintegrating, and availability of windshields, if the car you are looking at has a cracked windshield. Also the door tops on the inside tend to crack, especially the fake wood looking ones. More than likely, all Miradas that you look at will have cracked window tops. They are on the insideof the doors. Belt mouldings, the rubber pieces on the outside of the doors that seal the windows tend to get hard and break apart, and they can get expensive.

randomguy

Reaction score
This one is a mint. None of those issues as it has been stored a while. But, I was looking through some of the posts. Anyways, thank you again.

furyfrank

Reaction score
I have a 80 Mirada I found az car so no rust red in color and 33K , it needs some of the exterior trim put back on any interest ?

furyfrank

Reaction score
00e0e_2F2K1sWwTAc_600x450.jpg
00k0k_ljPsl42lMbg_600x450.jpg
Here are a few pictures, the original wheels are included.

00e0e_2F2K1sWwTAc_600x450.jpg

00k0k_ljPsl42lMbg_600x450.jpg

Back