Conversation Rules????

XfbodyX

Reaction score
So I look in my PM box......

Dear member, please make sure you do not violate the rules of conversation, and a couple things listed with that.

So is this what everyone sees? Now were regulated behind closed doors?

Just asking considering the world we live in today, not anrgy either just looking for clarification.

Does paid membership remove these restrictions?

Thanks.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Horseshit. Get the same grammaticality incorrect crap in my email all the time. If you take the bait and reply it'll probably leàd to you waking up in a bathtub full of ice minus a kidney.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Wait you mean that email from my long lost relative who wanted my bank account info isn't real?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Actually I was talking about the pic attached, its at the top of my pms.

Id think its new software AI bs mainly because it does not apply to any pm-s ive sent or received.

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 19-58-06 Rims.png

Ele115

Reaction score
Extra-terrestrial beings are cultivating an online relationship with you under the guise of "car hobby". Don't be surprised if you lose about 6 hours of time that you cannot remember or account for, and you wake up in a bush in your neighbor's yard with a 14 foot satellite dish sticking out of your anus.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I feel left out, my PM's have absolutely nothing. Only old conversation's :( lol

Could be the foil hat I'm wearing. The aliens can't find me you see ;)

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thanks, you guys are extremely helpful..... like a 904 tranny trying to explain Adam and Eve.

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I hadn't received or sent an PM (or conversation) in a few weeks. I just tried and saw this:
Screenshot 2021-06-18 212307.png

I do agree with @XfbodyX that is appears odd - but on same note, too many places, websites (and people) share login information - which causes a ton of problems down the road for everyone.

I remember, I think it was 15 years ago(?), before eBay removed the full member name (and email) from view from others, I would get a message from someone saying "hey, I see you are bidding on "X" and you are losing, I can sell you one for "Y". Then you get no promises of goods nor protection from eBay. I don't think that is the purpose here, exactly, but also I don't want random conversations trying to sell me something, out of the blue.

I think having the warnings listed is a very good thing.
BudW

Ele115

Reaction score
Ebay also wanted to cover up the evidence of the rampant shill bidding. Now you can't tell who is bidding on what.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Thanks, you guys are extremely helpful..... like a 904 tranny trying to explain Adam and Eve.

Whoops. You bolded most of your original message so I read the whole thing as being the message sent to you. lol.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Start dropping crazy words like nuclear fission in pm-s and see if its ai doing it if I get a notice about nuclear product rules.... mmk.

Clearly new forum software on many sites are trying to mix in more with the "social" crowd to make up for lost appeal but all I can say is god bless straight HTML.

You can still easily track people on ebay if you already know then and there numerical feedback score.

Just like people who hide the vin on there fender tag pic but always forget the unique order number on the tag as a traceable feature.

But thanks for posting that Bud.

Concerning the wonderful new feature, we all need more supervision in todays society... NOT.

Aspen500

Reaction score
1984 and Demolition Man merged into one. Mellow greetings, be well. (puke)

My private messages or email's are just that, private and nobody's business but my own and the person who is being PM'd or emailed. My opinion anyways, for what it's worth. It's a huge reason (among many) I'm not on Facebook, Twiiter, or any of the other left wing nanny sites with stupid names Sorry, going off on a rant again. Hate when that happens. ;)

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Hint, even while exchanging your phone number in a PM always substitute numbers for characters...

1(ate hundred) ate67-53oNine

XfbodyX

Reaction score
You know you can actually get a "like" in the PM box.... What movie was that where the guy always wanted to change Adam Sandlers socks?

What else can happen in the pm box... can we send pics now? Vids?

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know you can actually get a "like" in the PM box.... What movie was that where the guy always wanted to change Adam Sandlers socks?

What else can happen in the pm box... can we send pics now? Vids?

no

Back