Cool Toys

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The wife likes to blast tunes from her phone into this crappy portable speaker....sort of sounds like a Makita drill in the temple. So I was at Ass Buy and found this thing. A mini speaker that doesn't sound like crap. It won't rattle the dishes by any means but it sounds pretty good. You can stick it anywhere and I run tunes via Bluetooth and you're rockin'. It was $50 but what the hell....it'll come in handy at the trailer......

2014-02-19210715.jpg

brotherGood

Reaction score
Got an old amp of some sort?

I used to plug my phone into one of my guitar amps a while back. Nothing like trading out the phone speaker for an 8", 30 Watt Marshall, blasting Rock and Roll Aint Noise Pollution..lol

Or, the pringles can..

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Now here's a cool little item...
Got this for my birthday...ipod classic.
160 gigs....I've got my entire music library on it...10,000 songs
The cool thing is instead of going through three spindles of unlisted discs at the trailer I can bring this and I've got whatever I want to hear right here....you can find any tune immediately instead of trying to remember what disc you had said tune on and where is that disc.....plugs right into the stereo at the trailer too....

2014-05-14_20.14.04.jpg

2014-05-14_20.14.04.jpg

brotherGood

Reaction score
Maybe I'm showing my youth here..but I find it mildly humorous that you just got an mp3 anything. Especially being the music guy you are. I've got 1100 songs on my phone..that's all I need.

How's your pager holding up?..lol

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Maybe I'm showing my youth here..but I find it mildly humorous that you just got an mp3 anything. Especially being the music guy you are. I've got 1100 songs on my phone..that's all I need.

How's your pager holding up?..lol

Pager is okay but I had to get my commodore 64 rebuilt again.
What?.....nobody knows DOS anymore? WTF??

brotherGood

Reaction score
Haha..hey, when it comes to my music..im going backwards in technology. I just recently picked up a record player, and am working on getting my record collection built up. I got a few good ones for free already..like VH "1984", and "5150", Thriller, a couple beach boys, eagles, maybe a Clapton..but Im nowhere near finished

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
At one point I had around 10,000 albums which was insane.
I've sold lots of them and whittled it down to around 1,000.
I kept all my faves and the really rare ones....I also have around 500 78's
My "real" setup is a Toshiba SR-355 direct drive turntable into my 1977 Marantz 2285b receiver....it sounds incredibly gorgeous.
I did opt for newer speakers though....Energy bookshelves with matching sub.
I also have a Revox B-77 reel to reel and a monster rack mount Denon cassette deck.....

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
I may have posted this before, but here in Po-Dunk Kansas is a place that is reproducing vinyl. I work in a print shop and we print alot of, but not all of the labels for the albums. Just saw a bunch today for Rush, Slayer, Credance Clearwater, John Coltrane, and some others that I cant think of right now. This guy has bought several record presses and is restoring them so he can keep up with demand. He just recently went to a third shift. Looks like the albums are an average of $20, some more and some less.

He also sell top of the line audio equipment. For example, if you need a player to listen to your new albums on, here ya go...............................

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/94257/SME-SME_Model_3012_-_includes_Series_V-12_tonearm-Turntables

Or if you just need a new needle....oops cartridge............................

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/5...atinum_Magnet_Cartridge-Low_Output_Cartridges

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I should try to get a pic of the sound system a guy I work with put together in his "man cave". It's all vintage early '70's Marantz stuff. Tuner, amp, turntable, etc. Only things new are the speakers, Cirwin-Vega(?) or something like that.
That thing sounds 10 times better than any modern digital system, seriously. Plus, it looks really cool.

This style. Not his, this is just a random one from Bing Images

marantz1.jpg

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
Not to change the subject but the only toys that I have that qualify to post here are these (all Mopars). and yes I took them out of the packaging and my daughter loves to play with them on her hot-wheels race track. BTW vinyl sounds better because its analog digital sample at a high frequency that mimics the warmth of analog but there is NO replacement. Period.... just my .02 :)

IMG_0161[1].jpg

IMG_0161[1].jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I should try to get a pic of the sound system a guy I work with put together in his "man cave". It's all vintage early '70's Marantz stuff. Tuner, amp, turntable, etc. Only things new are the speakers, Cirwin-Vega(?) or something like that.
That thing sounds 10 times better than any modern digital system, seriously. Plus, it looks really cool.

This style. Not his, this is just a random one from Bing Images

I fished this picture off the web cause I'm too lazy to go take one but this is my main sound system power.

1977 Marantz 2285b
85 watts per side and I mean real watts. Not the bullshit numbers they post on the new crap. Outside of maybe a McIntosh 2525 power amp there's nothing that sounds like this beast. And yes....mine is just as purdy as this one. :icon_sunny:

1123.jpg

1123.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Not to change the subject but the only toys that I have that qualify to post here are these (all Mopars). and yes I took them out of the packaging and my daughter loves to play with them on her hot-wheels race track. BTW vinyl sounds better because its analog digital sample at a high frequency that mimics the warmth of analog but there is NO replacement. Period.... just my .02 :)

View attachment 10426

Nice collection!!! :eek:ccasion14:

slant6billy

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WxaQJSlUgY

Now these are some cool toys for any one remembering when they had a best budy at 7 years old. We lucked out with new neighbors. They came onto the street with a pint sized budy for our youngest. Now these two can rip up my lawn together.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Man.....we never had toys like that when I was a kid.
Wish they did. I would've loved a mini ride like that.

Nice 50's effect Billy.

Back