Cordoba Convertible

johnnyride

Reaction score
Looks great! I like the current combination, Looks factory except for the white on the lower door panel. and the maroon hinge covers on the seats.
Yes, but I wanted a little contrast. At one point, the top of the door panels were white too. The hinge covers that were with the white seats were so faded, they were yellow, so I decided to match the interior color. There's actually a spray paint that's the exact color of the interior.

glennb49

Reaction score
You have one great looking rare Cordoba there, Please post a picture when you get the LS-300 facia installed. For the time being Ill go out and sit in my 89 TC and dream of spring!

DSCN3175.JPG

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I have 318 4 barrels in both of my Js (1980 Cordoba Crown, and 1981 Mirada CMX). The 4 barrels were available in California and in Canada past 1980.

80CordobaLS

Reaction score
Too late. Already tore it apart. That picture is deceiving of the LS. Trust me, it didn't look that great when I got it. Interior was nice though.

I don't suppose you still have your parts car. I'm looking for the rear bumper filler and those 'sharp' fiberglass/resin caps at the end of the fenders.

johnnyride

Reaction score
Sorry, the fender extension are long gone. They were trashed. I have a set in my basement with a couple of cracks, but I need them for my convertible

johnnyride

Reaction score
Also, not sure if you are aware, but they make reproductions. Not the best, but they work with some massaging

johnnyride

Reaction score
Hello all and I hope everyone is safe. The convertible is coming along and I have finally gotten it back from the body shop with the 300 (LS) nose and hood, and repaired quarter extensions. If anyone in the Albany area needs a standard hood in Baron Red, or the header panel (plastic is shot), please let me know. Trying to thin out parts I will never need or go back to.

I'm basically building it as a 300 tribute car (they made very few in 1980), so I put a 1979, 300 emblem in the nose. I couldn't find a 1980, 300 emblem. I have one, but it's delaminated and looks awful. I still have to put on the new wheels (same look 5 on 5's but with white inserts to match the top) and finish up some interior work, but it's almost there. The tires will have to wait until spring. It's now covered and in the garage. And I need to save up some big money to replace the top, too. Someday, on that one!

john

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

glennb49

Reaction score
Glad your making headway! It looks Marvelous!! So there was a different 300 emblem for the 80, please post a picture of it it, Just how many 300s were made in 80. Im doing a tribute 79 red 300 of which they only made 7 for Canada! I am starting with a 79 Doba and adding all the 300 trim including T tops off another 79 Doba parts car, witch is a clone car 300! Whish me luck in the T tops installation. Has any one ever attempted this and whats the best way, the whole roof or just cut out the roof for the openings like American sun roof did when new? Im leaning toward the second method! Or I just might turn the T top parts car into my project car if the rust is not too bad. Iv not gotten it home yet to fully inspect.

DSCN4386.JPG

DSCN4378.JPG

GEDC0158 (2).JPG

GEDC0154 (2).JPG

glennb49

Reaction score
Thanks Ill keep you posted on my progress. cut out broken windshield today, Hope I dont break the replacement cutting it out!

Mr C

Reaction score
For the T-Tops, go whole roof. Remove front and rear glass, expose/ drill out factory welds and swap.

As I understand it, the T roof has different reinforcements in it to accommodate glass/ limit twist.

glennb49

Reaction score
Thanks, the reinforcements just bolt up to the inside of the roof and will swap out with the T tops. Im leaning toward the way American Sun Roof cut them out of the original roof. got parts car dug out washed and loaded Sunday even got it fired up but too much rust and will be a parts car! Mark will hopefully deliver next weekend.

glennb49

Reaction score
I kind of like the snow flake wheels I installed temporarily to get it up on the trailer, My long time friend Mark, the blue bib overhauls balding guy in the photo kept the Mirada CMX wheels, darn!!

GEDC0257.JPG

GEDC0259.JPG

GEDC0258.JPG

Duke5A

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE t-top cars. That looks excellent! If you haven't done it already though, give some serious thought to installing a set of frame ties. The twist in these cars are bad enough with a full roof. Dad's t-top car you could actually see a wave in the front section of the roof.

glennb49

Reaction score
I never experienced any twist in my three previous T tops Dobas but thanks for the heads up! Ive encountered two other T tops frames that did not have the additional bracing left and right that the shoulder belts mount to. Could this not being there add to the twisting ?

GEDC0299.JPG

GEDC0307.JPG

GEDC0309.JPG

GEDC0301.JPG

Back