Craigslist link (North Carolina): 1983 Mirada CMX

Status
Not open for further replies.

iScamp

Reaction score
Contact seller
I went and actually looked at this car:
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5069229162.html

The car is solid and well taken care of. Interior is in very good condition,dash not cracked. Car came from South Carolina many years ago. No rust blistering that I could find anywhere on the car. Solid. I test drove the car. Transmission shifts just like it's supposed to. Brakes work very well, nice grip, no shudder. Smooth ride.
318 engine.

Why didn't I buy it you may ask. 3 reasons:
1. The rear leaf springs have been re-arched to lower the car. (I would need to replace them.)
2. The interior is too nice.(Seriously). I live in an apartment and don't have any shelter for the car. Don't like those fabric car covers.
3. I changed my mind about buying another car because I need to spend some money to get my '81 Mirada on the road.

I took a picture of the fender tag. I'll see if I can get it posted.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
OMG.....who would put that horrendous "thing" on the back bumper? Otherwise it's not too bad.

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Its called a "Continental kit". Moves the spare from the trunk to the back bumper. Original intent was to make more room in the trunk for luggage, etc.
Not many cars that actually looks good on and this aint one of em.
Had to be custom and probably cost quite a bit to have done.
Good news is its removable.
Not bad at all otherwise.

furyfrank

Reaction score
Actually on a lot of cars they don't look bad. but this one is overdone.

iScamp

Reaction score
The Conti. kit does unbolt. Looked fairly easy to remove. The car itself does not appear to be altered to accept the Continental kit.

iScamp

Reaction score
100_3799.jpg

100_3799.jpg

aspen77rt

Reaction score
I went and actually looked at this car:
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5069229162.html

The car is solid and well taken care of. Interior is in very good condition,dash not cracked. Car came from South Carolina many years ago. No rust blistering that I could find anywhere on the car. Solid. I test drove the car. Transmission shifts just like it's supposed to. Brakes work very well, nice grip, no shudder. Smooth ride.
318 engine.

Why didn't I buy it you may ask. 3 reasons:
1. The rear leaf springs have been re-arched to lower the car. (I would need to replace them.)
2. The interior is too nice.(Seriously). I live in an apartment and don't have any shelter for the car. Don't like those fabric car covers.
3. I changed my mind about buying another car because I need to spend some money to get my '81 Mirada on the road.

I took a picture of the fender tag. I'll see if I can get it posted.

Hell I'd buy it as a parts car for that price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back