Crazy youtube automotive channels

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I've become a big fan of Low Buck Garage. Guy has a yard full of vehicles, buildings full of random parts, and makes sketchy vehicles out of junk. Living the dream.

What's everybody else watching these days?

Darter6

Reaction score
Uncle Tony Garage was good at one time. Now too much talking making a 20 minute video that can be summed up in 3.
Nicks Garage is good but Loooong !MoprTV for show stuff.

Camtron

Reaction score
Have been watching, Vice Grip Garage off and on for a couple years. Got into it during the pandemic.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Have been watching, Vice Grip Garage off and on for a couple years. Got into it during the pandemic.
Vice Grip is good, but I think he lost the plot when he got a huge pole barn, expanded it, and started storing cars in the field. He used to sell the cars. Now he let's em rot in a field.

Speaking of pole barns though, this guy is about as spot on as it gets for me

Duke5A

Reaction score
I'm a UTG fan. Guy has some off-the-wall builds that are non conventional, cheap and fun. I know his videos are him chucking carbs out from underneath the hood anymore, but they aren't 4 hour reviews of War and Piece either.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
To me vice grip garage got repetitive. Watch it enough and the jokes and weirdness gets old. Then it comes down to how interesting the vehicle is that he's working on.

Steve Magnante is good, short and to the point and daily. I also watch Finnegan's Garage, Junkyard Digs and Dennis Collins.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
To me vice grip garage got repetitive. Watch it enough and the jokes and weirdness gets old. Then it comes down to how interesting the vehicle is that he's working on.

Steve Magnante is good, short and to the point and daily. I also watch Finnegan's Garage, Junkyard Digs and Dennis Collins.
Yeah I thing vice grip garage's format only works when he's not trying to be the folksy version of the entire Motortrend channel. He's not relatable anymore.

Junkyard Digs! Now there's a youtuber you never lost the plot. He's still making the same good content

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've seen the vice grip guy on Roadworthy Rescues on MT tv. Interesting for awhile but it does tend to get old.

Going back to the original question of what you're watching,,,,,i've never watched a show online, whether on YT, streaming or otherwise.

Last edited:

Ele115

Reaction score
Youtube is a time vacuum. It will suck up your time and you wont get it back. I don't see the attraction in it. It's almost as bad as regular TV

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Youtube is a time vacuum. It will suck up your time and you wont get it back. I don't see the attraction in it. It's almost as bad as regular TV

So is reading magazines, doing crossword puzzles, playing video games and countless other things.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Some would say so is scouring the internet, calling people, and showing up at junkyards all for car parts for 35+ year old vehicles that have almost no aftermarket support. Nobody I know in person understands my crippling Dodge Diplomat addiction.

Plus, as car culture slowly dies its nice to connect with people working on cars. It's not like I can grab a case a beer and hang out with my neighbor and wrench on a car. What usually happens is people ask me to help them. Which usually means I end up doing it.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Regular TV has programing that has to appeal to broad audiences in order to be viable, and often saturated with marketing. YouTube allows for niche content to smaller audiences. I love it. High quality documentaries, professional filmed urban exploration and the car content. Cable TV is dead to me.

It is a time sink if you let it be. Everything in moderation.

Back