Creative industries decal

79lilred

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source or a decent pic of the decal on the super coupe that says creative industries did the conversion. It goes on the drivers door below the vin info decal, mine is there but faded so badly that it's just a white blob!!

79lilred

Reaction score
Do you mean the red one?
Really don't think it was red?? I almost think the decal was just white with the black typing saying something about the conversion done by creative. I got the car over 20 yrs ago there was some lettering but its all gone and of course I never took pics back than??

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Is yours like a business card size or is it about the size of the door vin sticker?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I think the CI was like a business card sized with there logo on it. It the T top install sticker thats the big big one from cars and concepts. I will look to.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
?????? You should be able to do something with there logo.

SC.jpg

CI2.jpg

Last edited:

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Never seen a Creative Industries sticker on a Super Coupe.

Because they were converted by Cars and Concepts.

This sticker was on all of them, not just the T-bars.

KimeCCtTopSCsticker.jpg

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
I don't know who made the parts. They have their own Mopar part numbers. Motortown went under the year before over the Pontiac Can Am rear spoiler manufacture issue. I've found zero info on what happened at that point other than the assets were transferred to Evans Automotive. However it doesn't seem that company did any manufacture. As the fallout was occurring Ford had already taken the Cobra-II package in house. But I've found nothing on what Chrysler did with the A57 and A66 package. C&C got the conversion contract on the SC and 43 cars for 78. Running vins and door stickers, it's become apparent they were batch built to run some of these then some of those to C&C the conversion upfitter. All four of my SC's have their jamb sticker, and only one is decent, while it is not the one on the t-bar car. This photo is of another person's very low miles car sticker, and even the date stamp has faded out on it. I have dates on a couple, but the main printing is in worse condition.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
People grab n to the motor town as the end all, but ive got 8 total vendors between the a57/a66/sc and kc cars. But MT being the main one.

here is an example, all the prints have the info on them as they had to be submitted and approved then copies of the printe were sent out

Ive some interesting stuff on the SC runs.

4 - Copy (3).jpg

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Nice! I wasn't aware there was any specific vendor recognition, although myself and a few others have had long fruitless conversations about the obvious fact that there were multiple vendors and certain parts got used at certain times, switching back and forth. Like the rear spoilers which were not all urethane once same were. Some later built cars had plastic again. None of us ever have had any idea how when why other than the vendor assumptions.

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
So, it seems you might be the guy who could write an article on what did happen so the rest of us may learn what it seems nobody else than you may currently understand. I really wish Phil had lived to see this conversation. He wanted to learn so much more about the 43 program.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ive alot uploaded that I just need to make public, unfortunately with people dying off and such and mis info I really think it should be shared because ive never understood the thought behind people hoarding info when its all one community.

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
I feel the same way and hope to be able to afford restoring the priceless archives over at AnV that are only stored on the servers but not publicly available anymore since the crash of '15, some day also. People are sharing vast amounts of info over on Fb today, without the recognition that if it's not searched within a timeframe, it gets dumped and is lost again forever. These enthusiast forums are the only source of what we hope will last for those who will come later wishing to benefit from the knowledge of those who came before us.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
There is a non forum/no user input informational type site only with alot of info, just not easily found. I dont know anything about the FB groups.

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
I've used Hamtramck Library as a good source of generalized information for years thanks to another member sharing. But it's terribly lacking in specialized information about this later era of it's coverage. Especially in regards to details it does otherwise cover. Such as the black and white, and gold '77 A66 stripes which I must assume were a spring special. There's no information on when the color charts were opened to the A66 option either, although the earliest car I've recorded was built Jan 28. A white Roadrunner with the K6R upper stripe set that's under restoration in TN. I've found two wrong color Dodges built on 318 day, but none earlier. The Plymouth and both Dodges I currently own are May and June built cars. I'm happy to have the updated trunk floor in them. But as always I am dealing with surviving examples to expand my knowledge, with no access to internal memo's, prints, or 'to dealer' literature or memo's. So while I do my best, I'm really on the shortest stick as it were in hoping to learn. My desire to learn or maybe just my attempts to be useful while having a dry sarcasm, or maybe simply passing along 'official information' I've encountered which is like above mentioned, not entirely correct, has rubbed a few the wrong way over the years. But I just try to do my best and always welcome correction from better learned people so I become better and others benefit too. Often a phone conversation leads me to more information than I'd ever expected was out there today. Thanks to people who learned the in's and out's in time before such information became otherwise lost. Today we have a new generation getting into these budget friendly cars, and they've little to guide them while they share their experiences and questions on a platform that summarily deletes them in short time. I'm only about as much help as I can be, and usually referring them to learn from more studied sources I've been fortunate enough to encounter myself. I've long seen your informative or helpful posts. But never realized the depth of your knowledge and the value you have to pass along to that generation who will someday hopefully keep our passion alive if time were on your side to chronicle it, until just today. So I really hope that you do begin doing some uploads of the files you've saved. I don't wish to be out of line, but while my own site is admittedly of little value today, as it has been since before my purchase, I would welcome cross posting, if you do upload, since I've no intention to ever let the previous tragedy occur again so long as I live. And as I said before, I've also hope to invest the money required for professional revamp and restoration of that site too. It may not generate traffic like here, but if it does nothing other than provide the full archives it once held again I will be satisfied in having done my part to maintain this part of history.

If you have another interesting informational site, I would enjoy reading through their archives as well.

Back