custom coupe ideas

My imp

Reaction score
I'd like to do that to my 1/4 glass in my Imp, but the glass mounts in a casting. I don't know if it could be done.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
to much equipment in the trunk?
Yup, got a sub box that fits under the rear shelf between the hydraulic cylinders

Do you know what years of LeBaron mech.'s work? Thanks, Larry
As far as i know any k-car lebaron, not sure of the years as i never pay attention to the k-cars, i just the ugly lil things are there lol

NoCar340

Reaction score
I would think you're looking for the LeBaron, 400, or 600 convertible quarter mechanisms used '82-'86.

My imp

Reaction score
Booo! Hisssss! Of course I have an '88 LeBaron convertible. I don't know if it'll work on the Imp anyway. The Cordoba/Mirada 1/4 glass is held in with urethane & clips, the Imp is in its own dedicated casting. Where there's a will, there's a way. Whether true or not, I've read on the interweb that the 1/4 glass is serviced as a unit. You can't get the glass separately. What wouldn't work from the '88? I imagine the hard part would be creating the tracks for the rubber molding.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
yup the tracks,weather strip would be the hard part.
and looking at imps, not sure the 1/4 window would go down very far as the wheel well is right there

My imp

Reaction score
Good point, I just glanced out at the parts Imp to see just how far it would, or would not go down, & the 6"-10" of snow,we're supposed to get has started falling! This is like the weather used to be when I was growing up! Time to find a designated driver & hit the toboggan chutes in the Metro Parks!

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
well a while back I ordered 3 pounds of chrome flake for my dart, well there was a deal and I got a pound and a half of rainbow flake free, so I think I might have to use it on the coupe

you can see it in this pic to get an idea

tumblr_n0nji4wwJm1s4rdwyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0nji4wwJm1s4rdwyo1_500.jpg

Back