Dannnnnnnnnnng, I want this car to be miiiiiiine lol

kkritsilas

Reaction score
When I was growing up. there were a lot of Mopars that had the jacked up rears. Some were using shackles, some air bags. Looked weird to me at the fime, bus since so many cars were running around like that, and not knowing much about cars, I just thtough all street machines/hot rods were supposed to be that way. Only later did I find out that this really messes up the front end geometry, comprimising both steering and braking, and making for very easy fishtailing, and burnouts as well. I thought/hoped those days were over, and that people had gotten a lot smarter, In this case, I think not.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Back in the day, the back end was so high on Chevelles and Novas, they had to paint the undercarriage.
There's worse M's out there.

untitledkill.jpg

Darter6

Reaction score
If we were all the same life would be boring. Thank goodness there are guys out there that get our blood flowing !!
Not saying that I would ever do such a thing like that. Different strokes ??

Monkeyed

Reaction score
If we were all the same life would be boring. Thank goodness there are guys out there that get our blood flowing !!
Not saying that I would ever do such a thing like that. Different strokes ??

I'm not old enough that I can't still see the appeal in something like that, but I am old enough to be able to see how silly it is to go about it that way.

At least he's found an old mopar to play with instead of tricking out some pos civic.

gray07

Reaction score
think about it, they could have lowered it, made the wheels lean like there doing now., I guess that means, a lot of u don't like the way mine looks, I probally the only diplomat like mine on this forum.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
There's an old saying " if a little is good, more must be better". However, at some point, more is NOT better. A little raising of the rear to get a nice rake/stance is good. A huge amount of raising is NOT better, its just more for no purpose. If you want to drive a dragster, that's great, find a dragstrip. If you want to drive a street car, the street car must be safe to drive on the street, and large amounts of raising the rear adversely impacts that. My own opinion, nobody has to agree with me.

8v-of-fury

Reaction score
think about it, they could have lowered it, made the wheels lean like there doing now., I guess that means, a lot of u don't like the way mine looks, I probally the only diplomat like mine on this forum.

Got pics? Or a build thread?!

gray07

Reaction score
mine is posted on here, its a 81 diplomat, and I been looking for that video and I cant find now.

ramenth

Reaction score
I guess that means, a lot of u don't like the way mine looks, I probally the only diplomat like mine on this forum.

It's not a matter of "liking" it's a matter of driveability. Ever driven a car that has the ass jacked in the air like the one in the OP? Hell, even standing still the lack of driveability is apparent. Push on the quarter panels and watch the shackles twist and ass swing back and forth, even with a gentle push. Now, think of what happens at speed. It was a bad idea in the '70's when this was a fad, it's an even worse idea now when there's so much information available on how to make a car handle and/or put the power to the ground using stock components.

gray07

Reaction score
I understand what your saying, the shackles are a bad idea, but the rear sitting high, mine has a 15 inch lift, lol

Back