Dealer or Previous owner electrical add-ons

Reaction score
Under the dash, near the left kick-panel, I found a box that says A.R.A. Electronic Speed Control! I don't know if this was a dealer add-on or not. Have any of you seen these before? It seems that after getting the car up to 55 mph trying to get to 60 - 65 the car just coasts. Any idea how this works, or a schematic? I have disconnected the +12v supply wire so I think that stops it - short of disconnecting the whole thing!
The second item is a small black box with three wires (yellow, green, & blue) that I found spliced into the turn signals & stop lights. When the head light are on the left blinker will not blink. Normal turn signal & stop lights on the right side.
Any thoughts or solutions?
I am trying to attach photos.
Thanks,
Bruce

008.JPG

001.JPG

Aspen500

Reaction score
Appears to be aftermarket (not dealer installed) universal speed control. What do the controls look like? See if the speed signal comes from magnets glued to the driveshaft. Some had a speed sensor that went between the cable and back of the speedo instead. I remember installing those waaaaaaaaaaay back in the early '80's and to be honest, they never worked very well.

The other one, no idea what it might be. Probably be best to just "unsplice" the wires and eliminate it.

volare 77

Reaction score
Yes, It appears to be a mid 80`s type of cruise /speed control. Do a google on it and you will find more info.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, Aspen500 and Volare 77. I checked Google but it did not give me any really useful info. I did take off the box by the lights but the blue wire was attached to a wire from a separate harness than the stop/tail lights and when I disconnected it the lights had more troubles! So the box is re-attached now until I have time to look at the schematics and trace it out.

Back