Dielectric Grease

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hi guys..
Doing the cap and rotor today on the Volare
Just want to be clear....
Do I put a dab of dielectric on the internal cap contacts as well as the rotor tip? Or will that screw up the conductivity?
Thanks.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
i have put some on the tab of the rotor before i didnt this last time and when i took my cap off the contacts were green and corroded i just put a smear on the tab call it good

Wylde1

Reaction score
Don't put anything inside the cap and rotor. The only place I use dielectric grease is inside the plug wire boots. Makes removal easy when changing plugs. :headbang: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Wylde1.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
I can't say I've heard of putting it in the cap either, really about the only place I have heard of it is in the light bulb sockets.

Erics5th

Reaction score
Never heard of doing that either. I only use dielectric in the boots where the wires go into the cap towers and in the boots where they plug into the spark plugs. And, like said, in light sockets and other connecters. Just install the cap and rotor with no grease.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Never heard of doing that either. I only use dielectric in the boots where the wires go into the cap towers and in the boots where they plug into the spark plugs. And, like said, in light sockets and other connecters. Just install the cap and rotor with no grease.
Which is just what I did Eric.
I wasn't totally sure though.
That's why I asked...thanks again for the help guys.

Back