Diesel Leak Fix - Frustration

Justwondering

Reaction score
Ford 97 Powerstroke Diesel Dually --

Major fuel leak in the Home Depot parking lot 25 miles from home.
Dad (bless his 79 year old heart) not a diesel guy but 'I got somebody who knows about diesels' comes to save the day.

Yes, the bracket rubbed a hole in the metal fuel line and they got parts and replaced it.

But it still leaked.

Meanwhile, my week was 4 doctor visits in 5 days and I had no room for any more problems. Focusing on husband's health was bigger issue. So I agreed that Dad and this guy should get the dually to his farm and off the parking lot.

They did.

Then they decide to work on the 2nd leak.

Dad can't remember exactly what they did. Doesn't know the names of the parts and can't remember where the part is that they removed.

So here goes....
It was a black box, about 3/4 to 1 inch tall, and about the size of a deck of cards. It was leaking fuel around it's seams.

Dad has said --
it was a filter
a pre-filter
a fuel lift boost
an optional aftermarket booster, turbo booster, filter booster

they just plugged the orifice it came out of and it works just fine without it
seems a little louder, but i'll get used to it

since the truck runs again and doesn't leak fuel, I should just drive it

the old part is in his truck tray, bed of the truck, up at the barn, in the barn, on the welding table in front of the barn, finally he's not sure where it is

the part is square, or rectangular, rounded, or circular but definitely its black and he thinks it was plastic

I spent 2 hours looking through his truck, truck box (both sides), bed of the truck, through the dually, dually truck box, dually truck bed, the barn, the table, the trash cans.. I can't find it.

He didn't take a picture cause he doesn't know how to with his phone and the camera batteries won't stay charged if he could even remember where it is

At this point, I'm just going to take the poor thing to a diesel mechanic and ask them to check it over.

But in case someone has seen such a thing, does any of this description sound familiar? What did they take off my truck?

Justwondering

Reaction score
So now he is saying it is like a can of beans but really short.
Black, plastic.
With lots of numbers on it.

Back