Diplomat parts cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

72Dodge

Reaction score
My imp: just messin' around :)

Sedanman: Probably too late, and probably not something you want to mess with, but I need an FMJ auto trans mount bracket. In case they have one lying around in there easy to get at or something. I think that's the only used part from a Dippy I need for my project.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Which part are you talking about? The trans crossmember?

Yeah, that's it, the trans crossmember. I can get the mount itself new, but the crossmember is missing, and it's different than an A-bodies, so I can't use an A one. I'm putting a 727 into a J, had a 904, but the trans crossmember and mount got sold along with the 904.

My imp

Reaction score
I've got one, but I have to see if its any good, it's been exposed to the elements for a few years. If its good, you're in luck. It's out of an '83 Gran Fury cop car with a 727 torqueflite!

72Dodge

Reaction score
Really need a decent engine/front wiring harness. I think that's the only main thing I really need now.

My imp

Reaction score
I've got one, but I have to see if its any good, it's been exposed to the elements for a few years. If its good, you're in luck. It's out of an '83 Gran Fury cop car with a 727 torqueflite!

Sorry, it's rotted out, as the crossmember was. However, it does still have the sway bar if you feel like upgrading yours.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Really need a decent engine/front wiring harness. I think that's the only main thing I really need now.
I have a non-ESA (Lean Burn) '81 Slant Six harness in good shape, totally uncut. All you'd have to do is lengthen (or shorten?) the distributor pickup leads.

72Dodge

Reaction score
I sent him a PM already expressing interest and opening the conversation with him about it.

alf44

Reaction score
I sent him a PM already expressing interest and opening the conversation with him about it.

i just wanted to know what this would go for so in the future ill know what to expect to pay a fair price for, wasnt trying to sneak it from you.

NoCar340

Reaction score
The only real difference in the harness, as far as I can tell, is the location of the distributor leads. Good thing I saw this; I have to go out and look at that thing to make sure I didn't cannibalize it for something.

realgone58

Reaction score
I know it's been a while, but wondering if these cars are still there? I could use the interior plastics (A and B pillar trim, etc), and some decent rear wheel lip moldings.

NoCar340

Reaction score
The "B-pillar" interior trim on these cars is enormous. Shipping them would be murder on your wallet, even though they're light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back