Door/window/trunk seal conditioning

Milezero

Reaction score
New here, so this might have been addressed before. What is the best way/best product to use to soften and recondition the seals around doors, windows, T-Tops, and Trunk seals?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
You can get silicon spray that works really good for that. I usually get it from the chrysler dealer. If its very hard and dry there's not much that will help it.

Milezero

Reaction score
Fortunately, all my seals are in great shape, but I have nightmares about removing a T-Top and half the seal along with it....did someone say unobtainium???

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
there's a terrific product called Gummi pflege Stift, that I first used on my Sebring convertible. you can get it from Amazon.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
To confirm Yellowdart69's recommendation, it is from a company called Sonax (they are German), and it is called by them Gummi Pfleger. It has an amazing ability to rejuvenate rubber. Its not cheap, but it does do a great job.

Aspen500

Reaction score
To confirm Yellowdart69's recommendation, it is from a company called Sonax (they are German), and it is called by them Gummi Pfleger. It has an amazing ability to rejuvenate rubber. Its not cheap, but it does do a great job.

Most times, products that really work good aren't cheap. Products that are cheap, don't work very good.

Hayzoos

Reaction score
Good old style car wax. Don't just wax the exterior get the small details also like the inside of doors and trunk too. If you do this in addition to conditioning the seals themselves you will see very nice results.

Also, clean, clean, clean. Before you condition seals or apply wax or any other finish product, cleanliness is imperative. Dirt or other contaminants will prevent conditioners from doing their best job. Dirt and contaminants can also contribute to deterioration of the seals and finishes and metals.

Aspen500

Reaction score
When cleaning weather seals, it's amazing just how dirty they actually can be. May look clean, but looks are deceiving, lol. I usually clean the seals every month or so on all 3 of my vehicles when they're being driven(depends on the season). It's almost unbelievable the amount of crap that comes off in even that short a time.

Back