Drive shaft play

Dylan Bobek

Reaction score
I need help with my buddies fifth avenue it has play in the drive shaft it doesn’t feel like the u joints the feel tight but it looks like there’s a carrier bearing that has play right past the trans but I can’t find it anywhere online. Please help me find the part or figure out what the problem is. Thanks guys

Camtron

Reaction score
output shaft bearing in tail housing

IMG_6814.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
best I can come up with is, part number, 4130537 and recommend to you call, A&A transmission to see what they have. Far as I know, they have more 727 and 904/998/999 hard parts than any other trans vendor.

Phone: (317) 831-3066

Dylan Bobek

Reaction score
best I can come up with is, part number, 4130537 and recommend to you call, A&A transmission to see what they have. Far as I know, they have more 727 and 904/998/999 hard parts than any other trans vendor.

Phone: (317) 831-3066

Thank you very much sir, also is it a possibility that it could also be the slip yolk bushing

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
That's the most common. But maybe it's also one of those things that people don't replace the other bearing because it's more invasive.

Camtron

Reaction score
What, Mike said. If you have the trans out of the car, you may be able to tell if it’s been rebuilt once you pull the pump out. I can normally tell because the replacement front bands that get used 98% of the time on rebuild, is not nearly as beefy or well made as the factory band. The band can be seen visually once the pumps out.

Dylan Bobek

Reaction score
What, Mike said. If you have the trans out of the car, you may be able to tell if it’s been rebuilt once you pull the pump out. I can normally tell because the replacement front bands that get used 98% of the time on rebuild, is not nearly as beefy or well made as the factory band. The band can be seen visually once the pumps out.
I could tell with 99% certainty that I don’t think it’s ever been rebuilt it does still shift good no slipping it’s just undriveable because of the bearing I also think it could use a new slip yolk bushing.

Camtron

Reaction score
I could tell with 99% certainty that I don’t think it’s ever been rebuilt it does still shift good no slipping it’s just undriveable because of the bearing I also think it could use a new slip yolk bushing.
That bearing isn’t even included in a master rebuild kit. Would be hard to tell if the trans had been rebuilt until it’s opened up. Anyway, good luck keep us posted.

Back