Dual Exhaust, H-cross, X-cross, or no.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
What's everyone running who has dual exhaust? H-crossover, X-crossover, or no crossover of any type.

I was running duals with no crossover ending out the back. Thinking of going with a crossover when the time comes.

greymouser7

Reaction score
The word is the x crossover is the best, some highend builders have done testing, and with CERTAIN applications, the H pipe has provided better results for their objective.

The exhaust is flowing out the back like water down a pipe except heat comes into play-think of how well the water would flow.

There must be an actual formula to determine which size you need (CFM flow), and crossing the exhaust increases the flow over straight dual exhausts (no crossover).

It gets real complicated, having a Y built on one leg of the exhaust runner and splitting/running two cherry bombs does NOT double your flow from the original one cherry bomb muffler's flow. These are the things that I have read. If you want a lumpy sound, crossing over your exhaust tames the idle lump a small bit.

Last edited:

Grandmas84

Reaction score
Just put an h pipe in my dual exhaust. Running headers and 2 1/2 inch pipes. Started it before I got the h pipe welded in and it sounded mean. Got 2 chamber imco mufflers, flowmaster 40 knock offs. Welded the h pipe in and its probably half as quiet now. As for performance can't really tell ya because I didn't drive the car before the h pipe was in. It was rather loud running straight headers to the exhaust shop though haha.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
I make my own X-Pipe. While I don't have a pic of it, pre-fab U bends are what I use.

-2.jpeg

Back