EGR Block-off Plate

dm330

Reaction score
Do they make these for our cars? My tech asked to see if they're available or he could make one himself. Picture below is the progress on the engine.

engine bay.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Yes but it's just as easy to cut a piece of tin to put between the egr and intake.

dm330

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking he'll do. I couldn't find one online. Thanks Mike. Possible the car may be finished up later this month.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Actually if the valve isn't hooked up, it doesn't flow any exhaust anyway so you don't really need the tin.

dm330

Reaction score
He told me today he had capped off all the holes left from the lean burn/smog equipment. I was thinking he just wanted to cap it off to prevent any vacuum issues. I'm not all familiar with how it all works, but I did hook the system back up when I got the car. I replaced the old valve and hooked the hose back up to it, which was plugged up using a bolt from a previous owner. Not sure what they were doing with the car, my guess was a poor man's lean burn delete lol, but I'm not sure.

Aspen500

Reaction score
It opens at part throttle/high vacuum (cruise and light accel) when the coolant temp is up to normal and allows a small amount of exhaust into the intake to dilute the mixture with inert gas. That's to lower the combustion temp and reduce NoX emissions (oxides of nitrogen). With no vacuum to the valve, it's closed and no exhaust passes. Basically it's it own block off plate. An actual block off plate just looks cleaner is all.

volare 1977

Reaction score
Leaving the valve on if it is capped off is fine as long as the gasket doesn`t leak or the valve isn`t stock open from carbon.

Back