Engine computer differences 1988 Fifth ave

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I just got some 93 non ethanol, but this time it was .2 cents more a litre than Petro Canada.
So I had to spend a nickel more.
That's OK, because they pump too and know how to pump w/o pouring gas on the car.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I think the current price difference between 87 and garbage free 91 here is around 20 cents. So $4 on 20 liters. No brainer for me. Better performance. Better mileage and I don't have to worry about assanol destroying my car.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
A couple of important questions for you; do you leave the car running when it happens, and where is the puddle? Is it more under the engine, or is towards the middle or back of the car?

All good questions. Actually the puddle is near the right front, and it is actually like three little puddles. That is all in the area of fuel filter, fuel pump, and vapor canister, if my memory is correct. It only puddles when the car is turned off, so the fire thing is not tops on my list of worries. That all being said he has been parked, until further investigation can be completed.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
All good questions. Actually the puddle is near the right front, and it is actually like three little puddles. That is all in the area of fuel filter, fuel pump, and vapor canister, if my memory is correct. It only puddles when the car is turned off, so the fire thing is not tops on my list of worries. That all being said he has been parked, until further investigation can be completed.

Good plan.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
When the car is off the fan stops blowing, it could be dripping while running it's just not going to puddle. Might also be blowing the fumes away so you don't smell it. 3 puddles could also possibly be one leak dripping onto something then dripping off of that in 3 different places. and yes that's where the pump, filter, and canister live. Shouldn't be too hard to pinpoint where it's coming from, just let it run a bit, shut it off and peak under the hood in that general area with a flashlight. could be something easy like the filter

Monkeyed

Reaction score
I think the current price difference between 87 and garbage free 91 here is around 20 cents. So $4 on 20 liters. No brainer for me. Better performance. Better mileage and I don't have to worry about assanol destroying my car.
The difference here is almost 70 cents, so it's kind of a tough choice.

Darth-Car

Reaction score

....And the answer to the Darth Car leak question...... Fuel Pump. Such a shame since this fuel pump was put in new just a year back when the engine was replaced. That just goes to show how bad the Ethanol is here in the corn belt. Despite only running Shell mid grade I can not escape the trash fuels.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
....And the answer to the Darth Car leak question...... Fuel Pump. Such a shame since this fuel pump was put in new just a year back when the engine was replaced. That just goes to show how bad the Ethanol is here in the corn belt. Despite only running Shell mid grade I can not escape the trash fuels.

Hence why I'm so happy I can actually get crapenol free gas.

Master M

Reaction score
I have to use ethanol fuel. I have had the same mechanical fuel pump in one of my cars for 14 years. I always treat the gas with marvel oil and Stabil . It must help protect the rubber from the corn.

Back