Engine Swaps Made Easy...

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Go see Michael Shumacher in his ride...visit their website for all there engine swap ideas and products...I have used their products for a small block to big block swap and they are great...

http://www.engine-swaps.com/

Banner.jpg

Main.jpg

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
Good guy, lives about 25minutes from me and is longtime friends with many of the old time Mopar Unlimited guys...

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Engine Conversion and Replacement Kits for '73 & UP A,B,F,M,J-Body​

'73 & Up A,B,F,M,J-Body V8 to B/RB Conversion Kit
Positions the Big Block 383, 400 or 440 engine to factory specs on your original V8 '73 and up A, B, F, M, J-Body K-member while still retaining the bullet-proof quality of Chrysler originals. Complete kit includes laser-cut, powder-coated brackets, urethane inserts, grade 8 bolt package, and detailed, illustrated instructions. Applicable to cars with or without power steering.

NOTE: In order to gain oil pump clearance, the driver's side engine mounting perch needs to be drilled with 9/16" holes and excess material must be removed. This can be done without removing the K-member and is detailed in the instructions.​

A73B6.jpg

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
'73 & Up A,B,F,M,J-Body S6 to B/RB Conversion Kit
Positions the Big Block 383, 400 or 440 engine to factory specs on your original S6 '73 and up A, B, F, M, J-Body K-member while still retaining the bullet-proof quality of Chrysler originals. Complete. Kit includes laser-cut, powder-coated brackets, urethane inserts, grade 8 bolt package, and detailed, illustrated instructions. Applicable to cars with or without power steering.

NOTE: The driver's side mounting perch on the '73 & Up K-member interferes with any V8 block and B/RB oil pump. To eliminate this problem, the driver's side engine mounting perch needs to be drilled with 9/16" holes and excess material must be removed. This effectively lowers the perch and is detailed in the instructions.​

A73B8.jpg

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
'73 & Up A,B,F,M,J-Body S6 to 273/318 or 340/360 Conversion Kit

Slant 6 getting you down? Power up to a 273/318, or 340/360 with our spool mount conversion kits that position a V8 engine to factory specs on your original '73 and up Slant 6 K-member. Kits include laser-cut, powder-coated brackets, urethane inserts, grade 8 bolts, detailed, illustrated instructions. Applicable to cars with or without power steering.

NOTE: The driver's side mounting perch on the '73 & Up K-member interferes with any V8 block and B/RB oil pump. To eliminate this problem, the driver's side engine mounting perch needs to be drilled with 9/16" holes and excess material must be removed. This effectively lowers the perch and is detailed in the instructions.

A73LA6.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Headers for '73 & Up A,B,F,M,J-Body

Hi-Flow Tri-Y Under Chassis B/RB Headers
Want to put a big block in your A-Body, but can't find the rare A-Body B/RB manifolds you need?
Dread the thought of struggling to shoe-horn one-size-fits-all racing headers into your high-performance street car, only to lose your power steering?
Well, now there's relief for the all-too-common B/RB exhaust system headaches.

Our new under-chassis, Tri-Y header system gives you high-flow header performance and a custom fit that means you don't have to sacrifice your power steering. Retain exhaust studs in the heads — no more breaking into a water jacket! Plus, unlike most headers, it doesn't capture the starter, and, because it's designed specifically for your application, it installs quickly and painlessly — even with the engine in place. Applicable to '67 and up A-Body B/RB (400-500 hp), '63 & up B-Body and E-Body, with manual or power steering and automatic transmission.

NOTE: In the 1978-79 Magnum and Cordoba (B-body) with column shift: The shift linkage may be low enough to interfere with the header. TTI's offset shaft can solve this problem.

BRB%20Headers.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Torque Straps and Tranny Mounts for '73 & UP A,B,F,M,J-Body

'67 & Up A-Body Torque Strap

Throw away your chains and broken motor mounts; our new torque strap can
handle all the upgraded power and excess vibration your A-Body
small block or B/RB engine can dish out. Mounts in existing sway bar location on some models.

TQA%20bw.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Bolt-thru Polyurethane Tranny Mount
The tough, durable, direct bolt-on tranny mount you've been asking for — '69 & up C, '70-74 E, '72 & up B, '73 & up A, F, M, J, some '71 B-Body.​

TMBT.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Hold onto your pants I have seen a picture of Tri-Y's for F-Bodies. Visit their on-line website and check it out time to time.

Small%20Block%20Headers.jpg

Last edited:

Eastyorker

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I'll contact them this week.

Aspen500

Reaction score
This was a really old post dodger. Are you asking about booster clearance with a big block? If so, I've heard you can use a small double diaphragm unit. Don't quote me on that, I've got manual brakes.

BTW, the BB tri-y headers are awesome. Fit like a glove. Right side slides in from the top easy as can be. Left side from underneath, steering column shaft has to be removed is really the only extra work. Oh, and with the thick flanges and ball socket collector adapters installed, ZERO leaks.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Schumacher is supposed to be working on kits to permit the use of Hemis with older cars. I think they already have a kit for the Dakota pickup.

Kostas

Volare4life

Reaction score
standard booster wont fit ( not atleast with aftermarket fabbed aluminium valve covers) I switched to a smaller double diaphragm booster from a lebaron, but any FWD k car should work, just keep you actuator rod nubby from your old booster for you old master cylinder

jasperjacko

Reaction score
anybody use hooker 5101 headers in a fmj bigblock conversion

Aspen500

Reaction score
I would caution against them. Pretty sure those would fit the car but there's be no way to put head pipes on due to where the collectors exit.

Seriously, for not much more money than those I'd highly recommend the Schumacher "Tri-Y" ones. Got them on my car (500" BB) and they fit like a dream. Right side drops in from the top, left side goes in from underneath. Only need to disconnect the steering shaft and slide it into the column. Don't remember for sure, may have taken the center link out also. Oh, and the quality is excellent. Thick flanges, uses studs and nuts to attach to heads and with their gaskets they DO NOY leak. Add in the ball socket mounts and no leaks there either. (No, I don't work for Schumacher, lol)

http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsType/BRB_Headers.html#head1

Volare4life

Reaction score
I have hooker 5903 1 7/8" headers.........they fit......barely..... driver side may drop in from the top.............passenger side.....magic...seriously only went on when i had the kmember out mod and drop the motor/tranny on,

-Mike

Back