Engine tune up -intake, carb and ignition

jed_laski

Reaction score
I want to buy some stuff to make my stock 318 aspen run better without stuttering, stalling and fuel issues etc. It is not fun driving this car. I have to feather the gas pedal to avoid stalling. Also engine shakes a bit and setting the right air-fuel mixture is really hard. Dont want to mess longer with factory stuff. Make it clean and simple with least amout of electrical objects along reduced amount of vacuum stuff under the hood.

I want to get a non egr aluminium dual plane intake with a 600 holley and some hei style distributor. In the future im surely going to add some TTI headers and maybe go further.

The question is; what combo would you suggest? I read about airgap/crosswind intakes but they are better for magnums. My current bet is Eddie performer, Street Warrior Holley?, and HEI ignition since it is all in one package but i dont know wich one to choose? - firewall/intake clearalence. Im going to order new parts.

jed_laski

Reaction score
I looked up your previous post history for the car. You might just get away with a Chinese 2bbl carb and fixing the linkage https://www.amazon.com/2-Barrel-Carburetor-Chrysler-Engine-1967-1980/dp/B07GJCBPMJ/

normally I'd be against Chinese parts, but it's probably easier for you to get in Europe than getting rebuilds from the US
It is not a problem anymore getting new parts in EU. Rockauto, Summit and Amazon are proven by me and my friends ;)

I thought going with 4 barrel setup because I want to change the cam, valvetrain, and headers in future. HEI offers all in one pack coil on distributor so there is no mess in engine compartment but the clearance is the issue with that one so I dont know wich one to choose.
I also want to make engine react faster - thats the main idea and have a few more horsepowers so maybe one day I will beat my friends 383 Newport.

Back