Everyone, say hello to...

ramenth

Reaction score
Cyrus Powell Carr. My son. Named after my grandfather. He met the world, yesterday on September 9th (some of you may remember that date as being significant in my life for other reasons), weighing in at 7 lbs 7oz and measuring 20.5 inches long.

DSCN0972.jpg

DSCN0973.jpg

DSCN0972.jpg

DSCN0973.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
Thanks, all. Now you know one of the reasons I haven't been around lately.

He was fighting all the way. Momma had been in the first stages of labor for a couple of weeks. Lots of pain, lots of contractions, lots of check up, but getting nowhere.

Then, Monday night.... BOOM!

I tell you what, my knew wife, Karli, is awesome.

And my new son... well, for those who have been around here long enough and know my history... words cannot begin to describe the emotions I have over him. I fell in love with him when I saw his heartbeat in the first ultrasound. I fall in love with him over and over again every time I look at him.

God is Grand!

greymouser7

Reaction score
Congratulations! I am very glad that things are going well for you now. Was concerned before, but can only watch from a distance. GOD bless and best wishes.

ramenth

Reaction score
Got a car picked out for him yet? :toothy1:

Of course, I do.

His great grandfather - and the man he's named after - bought a '78 F250, brand new off lot. It's destined to be a fourth generation truck, back in the hands of another Cyrus.

As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about plates that say "CYRUSTRK." When people ask which Cyrus? I can say both!

Back